It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:41 pm 
LE Member

Year and Trim: 2005 Pontiac Bonneville GXP
Need to remove the driver door (damaged) and replace with a new(er) one. Where is the plug for the electrical harness to the driver door ? Inside the door or inside the "body"/chassis in front of the door opening ?

Trying to figure this out before I start pulling it all apart. Hoping that I can start taking off panels and such in the right direction. (The guy I bought the door from cut all the wires where the harness feeds into the chassis at the front of the door opening). If the connector is in the chassis/body work, then I will have to pull the harness out of the existing door and move it over. or spice a LOT of wires. Hoping the connector is inside the door.

Thanks in advance !

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:29 pm 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Year and Trim: 2003 SLE
Almost 100% sure the connector is inside the door, but it's been a while since I've gone inside mine.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:48 pm 
SSE Member
SSE Member

Year and Trim: 2003 Pontiac Bonneville SSEI
according to GMSI it's in the door, https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EhVpq ... 1TLKh5CPuP (says left door similar - doesn't show the left door in GMSI, but looks like you lucked out.

SLP Ceramic Coated Headers,
Thrasher Cold Air Intake,
GXP Tails, Interior Door handles, Trim pieces etc.
40th Aniv Grand Prix GTP Wheels (Very Shiny & Very Annoying :pukeleft: )

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:48 pm 
LE Member

Year and Trim: 2002 Park avenue
JEFFSSSEI wrote:
according to GMSI it's in the door, https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EhVpq ... 1TLKh5CPuP (says left door similar - doesn't show the left door in GMSI, but looks like you lucked out.

I know this isnt my thread, but thanks Jeff for the info on hard wiring my radar detector. I would have PM'ed you back but since im too new I guess im not aloud to send PMs yet.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:02 pm 
SSE Member
SSE Member

Year and Trim: 2003 Pontiac Bonneville SSEI
ParkAve666 wrote:
JEFFSSSEI wrote:

I know this isnt my thread, but thanks Jeff for the info on hard wiring my radar detector. I would have PM'ed you back but since im too new I guess im not aloud to send PMs yet.

Your most welcome.

SLP Ceramic Coated Headers,
Thrasher Cold Air Intake,
GXP Tails, Interior Door handles, Trim pieces etc.
40th Aniv Grand Prix GTP Wheels (Very Shiny & Very Annoying :pukeleft: )

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:26 pm 
LE Member

Year and Trim: 2005 Pontiac Bonneville GXP
Thank you !! That makes things much easier. :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:47 pm 
Resident Gearhead
Resident Gearhead

Year and Trim: 2004 GXP, 2008 STS, 2020 XT6
The connector for the front doors are inside the body for a 2005. The picture shown in the above post is actually a rear door but similar connections exist for the 2000 and perhaps 2001 front doors. For some reason they are different than later years which I suspect was to improve protection from the elements. To access the connector you need, you must remove the brake pedal assembly (or at least move it out of the way) and of course the LF sill plate. The connector you want is also a different style than shown in that diagram. Yours will be a Delphi Lever Lock 150/280 mixed style connector. It is the same connector as your driver's door trim panel (blue lever that you need to flip up to release). Oh yeah, you're going to find it to be a pain to access. Some people cut the heavy rubber sound barrier that the wiring passes through in the foot well to better access it. This isn't necessary, but can make it easier. If you do cut it, be VERY careful. The body shop that fixed my car after it was hit by a snow plow cut it. They also sliced open the sunroof drain hidden behind it! This was one factor in adding to interior water leaks.

Bose Luxury Sound System w/Touch Screen Navigation, Addition of Factory XM, 2005 MY Antenna, OnStar Upgrade (3G),
RainSense Wipers, Backup Camera, '00 Style Door Panel Courtesy Lights, Heated Washer Solvent, 2X Remote Trunk Release,
Turn Signal Mirrors, Center Console Courtesy Lamp, Rear Outboard Heated Seats, PVD Chrome 18" Factory Rims, Upgraded
Carbon Fibre Appearance Interior Trim, Highly Modified Main Body Harness, Instrument Panel, Door, Door Panel & Headliner
Wiring Harnesses, Custom Fuse Box & Tire and Loading Information Decals, Additional Acoustic Insulation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:01 am 
Resident Gearhead
Resident Gearhead

Year and Trim: 2004 GXP, 2008 STS, 2020 XT6
I don't know if you'll be able to see the photos or not (because they are hosted on photobucket), but this is a project I did a while ago. Many of the pictures show the area you need to access and the connector you're looking for.

post449450.html

Bose Luxury Sound System w/Touch Screen Navigation, Addition of Factory XM, 2005 MY Antenna, OnStar Upgrade (3G),
RainSense Wipers, Backup Camera, '00 Style Door Panel Courtesy Lights, Heated Washer Solvent, 2X Remote Trunk Release,
Turn Signal Mirrors, Center Console Courtesy Lamp, Rear Outboard Heated Seats, PVD Chrome 18" Factory Rims, Upgraded
Carbon Fibre Appearance Interior Trim, Highly Modified Main Body Harness, Instrument Panel, Door, Door Panel & Headliner
Wiring Harnesses, Custom Fuse Box & Tire and Loading Information Decals, Additional Acoustic Insulation