It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:09 am 
SE Member
SE Member

Year and Trim: 2001 SE
OK, so I am having yet another problem with my Bonnie. If anyone remembers I had a leaking issue from the UIM and had to rebuilt the engine. I got that all done with ease but now I have a rough idle. I'm going on about 7 months since my rebuild and it had been driving strong but now after I went over a small pot hole the engine has a rough idle to it. When the car is in park it shakes like it is cammed. When its in drive and I'm in traffic sitting, it shakes and sounds cammed. there is a tiny threaded hole next to the coolant elbows that is not plugged and I assume it to be a plugged hole as Ive read. Older models previous to 00 has bracket mounts and was mounted there. There is a strong vacuum leak there sucking in and it is loud. Noticeably loud. Never have I had an issue with my oil filler cap while the car is running. Pulled the cap while running and there was so much suction when I pulled it that when I removed it, the car chugs bad and sometimes die. The car DOES NOT die while driving it.

So far I have checked and cleaned the IAC, TPS, MAF, MAP, new purge canister valve, cleaned throttle body, checked the PCV valve o rings, traced vacuum lines as best I could, and replaced the exhaust manifold O2 sensor. EGR valve was replaced 7 months ago as well.

Ive heard its not likely to be the CPS. Now when I put my finger over the threaded hole on the side while running, it smoothens out but then starts to whine. Id rather the rough idle that a mysterious interior whining noise. Tomorrow I will be getting a new PCV valve and swapping it out, changing my fuel filter, possibly fuel pressure regulator. Ive ran my codes and nothing engine wise has come up; just wheel sensors and what not. I'm waiting till we move so I can change out my whole suspension all around, new hub bearings, tie rods in and out.

I am at a loss right now so any help would be greatly appreciated. Ive read posts about this issue but anything ive read has not fixed it. Only things possible to fix it might be new sensors all around but it shouldn't have to come to that. Thanks in advance. :dontknow: :???: :sad: :helpsmilie:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:26 am 
Posts like a Northstar
Posts like a Northstar

Year and Trim: 2000 Bonniville SSEi L67
hi, when you did the uim, did you put back the tube for the PVC valve?sounds like you have a vacuum leak but that would set a code. How are the plugs and wires?

2000 SSEi
past rides:
1996 SSEi
1992 GTP
1987 Grand Am

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:18 am 
SSE Member
SSE Member

Year and Trim: 2003 SSEi
1999 Park Ave. Ultra L67
Thinking somethings not right with the PCV, along with the obvious vacuum leak.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:55 am 
SE Member
SE Member

Year and Trim: 2001 SE
96 SSEi wrote:
hi, when you did the uim, did you put back the tube for the PVC valve?sounds like you have a vacuum leak but that would set a code. How are the plugs and wires?

When I redid the UIM the tubing in the intake was brand new as well so I made sure to install that properly. The plugs and wires are still in new condition. I installed plugs, wires and new starter last September. Also made sure the coils were good with no rust and each opposing coil stud arcs with its neighbor.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:45 pm 
Posts like a Northstar
Posts like a Northstar

PeacefireXooX wrote:
96 SSEi wrote:

When I redid the UIM the tubing in the intake was brand new as well so I made sure to install that properly. The plugs and wires are still in new condition. I installed plugs, wires and new starter last September. Also made sure the coils were good with no rust and each opposing coil stud arcs with its neighbor.

ok, good, please do a propane or smoke test cause your symptoms do sound like a vacuum leak......

also, can you tell us more about the tiny hole that sucks air?.

2000 SSEi
past rides:
1996 SSEi
1992 GTP
1987 Grand Am

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:41 pm 
Posts like a Northstar
Posts like a Northstar

ok, just got off horn with gm and the parts guy says it is a supercharger bypass that a fitting inserts to the charger - that would explain your issue so check the lines for vacuum please - from hole to charger.

oops just noticed you are n/a so there is no blower but there may be a vacuum line you forgot.

2000 SSEi
past rides:
1996 SSEi
1992 GTP
1987 Grand Am