It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Help Needed >.<
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:17 pm 
SE Member
SE Member

Year and Trim: 2001 Pontiac Bonneville
Hello Everyone!!!

Well, Let me begin this with some horrible news...
My Bonny decided to not start on Sunday, turns out it was my aftermarket starter that went bad. 300$ out the windows (to remove it and re-wire the original ignition), to top it off....As I am leaving the garage... I get pulled over for having too dark of windows...180$ ticket.

I have to completely remove the tints on both front windows :(

NOW FOR MY QUESTIONS :)

-1-

I am having issues with the locking system for the car. Even when my automatic starter was installed, I was not able to lock and unlock the car doors by the drivers side panel, nor the passenger side. This is a huge pain, because now, without my starter / remote, I can't lock the doors as I am walking away anymore.

All my doors unlock when the car is shifted into park, so locking all the doors manually is a pain in the a**, especially being -20 where I am.

Could any of you give advice on maybe some electrical issues I may be having? Bad fuse????

-2-

I was speaking to a guy regarding his 2002 SSEI Bonneville that is totaled. I am looking to purchase his ENTIRE black leather interior, wanted to know if this would be an exact fit? Also...Would the steering wheel be a pain to switching out?

-3-

Would straight-piping my SE make it sound really bad? >.< *Serious Question*

-4-

I am in Canada, specifically Montreal, would anyone know of any OEM online stores to look at for my car?

---------------

Thanks guys for taking the time to read it.
P.S. I am not much of a car guy ;)

Post subject: Re: Help Needed >.<
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:37 pm 
Retired Gearhead
Retired Gearhead

Year and Trim: 1986_Monte_SS_60k
2002_Maxima_SE_160k
3: yes. it would be horrible. When I had my SE I took the resonator out, swapped in a high flow cat, and kept the stock muffler and it barely sounded better than trash. 3800s NEED a resonator to sound reasonable at all

2002 Nissan Maxima - The Daily Beater
2010 VW CC - The Wife's

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:40 pm 
SE Member
SE Member

Year and Trim: 2001 Pontiac Bonneville
toastedoats wrote:
3: yes. it would be horrible. When I had my SE I took the resonator out, swapped in a high flow cat, and kept the stock muffler and it barely sounded better than trash. 3800s NEED a resonator to sound reasonable at all

Thanks for the advice! I had a friend mention the idea, just wanted to pass it along the forum. I guess I shall look into complete and legal exhausts in my city (Don't need anymore trouble haha)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:37 pm 

Year and Trim: 09 G8 GT
For Canadians, RockAuto.com is still a good place to look for parts. They *do* ship out of the US, but often times you still save money versus buying locally, even including shipping and HST costs. Even if you don't save money, you might pay the same as you would locally, but end up with a more premium brand/selection than your run of the mill Canadian Tire low end stuff. They collect tax up front, so you never pay anything extra at the door. Ship times are anywhere from 2-3 business days to a week, depending on what warehouse the part ships from. FedEx ground is used most of the time, and you can get a 5% discount code here: general-chat/topic1677.html

09 Lexus LS460 AWD -- 94,000km -- Daily Driver
09 White Hot G8 GT -- 155,000km (fuelly) -- LS3 Cam -- GM LS3 CNC Ported Heads -- Kooks 1 3/4" Long Tube Headers -- Solo Catback Midsection -- Hooker Maxflow Mufflers -- Pat G Tune -- Rotofab Intake -- Tein S-Tech Springs -- GXP FE3 Dampers -- BMR Subframe Cradle Inserts -- BMR Subframe Connectors -- Forgestar F14 Gold 18x9 +40 -- Michelin Pilot Super Sport 245/45/18 -- Maverick Man Carbon Fiber Spoiler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:08 pm 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Year and Trim: 2003 SLE
Maybe the locking is related to a bad door module?

Interior is swappable but it will require a bit of work. You need a special tool for the steering wheel I am not mistaken.

Just replace the muffler and see if you like the sound. These aren't the greatest sounding engines. Straight pipe would be loud, obnoxious and disgusting.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:30 pm 
Posts like an L36
Posts like an L36

Year and Trim: 2002 SSEi
2004 Bonneville GXP
You can program the car not to unlock all the doors - see your owner's manual. If you have the split bench front seat, there may not be mounting holes inboard for the bucket seats. You may need to pull up the carpet and check for that first. I suspect the remote starter has disabled the key fob from unlocking the doors.

2009 G8 GXP PBM, M6 9580 miles, no mods, sold 08/15
2009 G8 GT SBM 36,000 miles, modded 430 whp
2002 Bonneville SSEi 203,200 miles (sold 3/2014)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:06 am 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

Year and Trim: 2000 SSEi: Black w/ 145,XXX miles
I also got pulled over for tint on my front windows (upstate NY) never got a ticket though since I told the trooper it was my first drive with the car. I like having the tint on the windows, but they can't be any darker than my front windshield, which isnt very dark. At least I didnt spend the money on it, but I have to buy stuff to remove it now.

2- buy the whole car to get the engine and trans to swap into your car! Its doable!

1995 Jeep Cherokee Country- 200,XXX miles and running strong. 4.0L paired with a 5 speed manual. 4.5" long arm lift with 32" tires and regeared to make up for power. Best of all, shes a fire engine red!

2000 Bonneville SSEi- 145,XXX miles, bonestock for the time (don't hold your breath, it might be a long while)

Typos courtesy of LG Optimus G- yes, I do most of my trolling with my phone. Don't judge me.