It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:59 pm 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

Year and Trim: 1994 SSEi
Honestly for me it was the cheapest car I could find, only $500. But ever since I bought it I have loved it and I want a Bonneville forever

Mods: 180* T-stat, Red wire loom, and Red painted strut bar.
Interior: Blue CD Neon, Chrome racing pedals, Custom painted dash
Exterior: Tinted Taillight

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:50 pm 
SSE Member
SSE Member

Year and Trim: '93 ssei and '03 ssei
I rode in a new one at NEBF last year. My husband owns a 93 and I liked it but when I rode in Tom's I was completely sold. I came home and traded my trailblazer in immediately and never looked back. I had only owned the trailblazer for a month or so.

Formerly known as "crash'swife93ssei"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:21 pm 
Resident Gearhead
Resident Gearhead

Year and Trim: (RIP 10/31/15) 1997 SE
05 Mercedes S500 4Matic
I was already a Pontiac enthusiast, my first Pontiac was a 1974 Ventura with a Pontiac 350 V8.
When that died I got a 1978 Bonneville Coupe with a Buick 350 V8. I owned that car for a really long time, rebuilt the engine once.
When my wife's car died, we got her a 1988 Grand Prix Coupe. Small 2.8 liter V6, but really REALLY fun car.
Then we started planning to have kids. Figured 4 door cars would be better for slinging kids in and out of the back. (She eventually upgraded to a 2001 Grand Prix GT.)

I had a neighbor at an old apartment in the mid 1990's that had a loaded burgundy Bonneville, and every day I had to walk by it, and I'd always kind of drool over it, thinking "someday, I'm going to have one of those."

When the beater Honda CRX that my sister gave me finally wore out, I went car shopping. There were three used Bonneville's on my dealer's lot. One was Supercharged and cost more. Then there was the well-equipped SE that I now own. There was also a totally low-end bargain-basement SE with stamped 15 inch wheels. I test drove all three cars. While I liked the supercharger, it required premium fuel and cost more. I decided the bargain-basement SE was too lame. I liked the package of options that my silver SE came with. The next day was a weekend and the dealership put both of the SE's on sale. I went there with a friend, told them I wanted the Silver one, but at the price they were listing the beater one. The sales lady came back and said they needed $500 more than my offer. I walked away. She asked where I was going, and I told her I was going to the Honda dealer next door to buy a Civic. (And I *was* too!) She ran away, then came back with the keys and congratulated me on buying my car. I wasn't sure what she was talking about. I had to ask her "Oh wait, now you're accepting my offer? Uhm, well, okay then."

Basically I'd always liked the lines of the Bonneville, and liked the size, and that it had 4 doors and a good sized trunk. I regularly schlep my 2 boys (3 and 1) around with all their junk and a stroller in my car, and it's just been great. I get 22 mpg out of it and don't have to buy premium fuel. I'm really happy with it.

R.I.P. 10/31/15: 1997 SE: "Silver Shadow"
`05 Mercedes S500

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:58 pm 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

Year and Trim: 1997 SSE 40th Anniversary
Well, when a car that was garage kept and in perfect condition with 23000 miles for $4000 falls in your lap, you really cant turn it down. :eek: :eek: :eek: :bow: