It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:18 pm 
LE Member

Year and Trim: 2001 Pontiac Bonneville SLE
About a month ago, the driver side door module on my 2001 Pontiac Bonneville stopped functioning, to clarify; all the controls light up, however none of them actually do anything (this include the lock which is technically a different module). I have absolutely no clue what specifically caused it, but the issue only exists in the driver side door controls, all others work perfectly fine.

After discovering this issue, I began seaching the internet for a solution where I came across this thread post: http://www.pontiacbonnevilleclub.com/forum/2000-2005-other-than-gxp/topic4952.html
Following the suggestions in that post, I purchased a new driver side door module off of eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/363017624853

Today I finally took off the driver side door panel and replaced the module, unfortunately the problem seems to persist and I'm somewhat lost in what to do next. I tried testing fuses (honestly wasn't too confident in what I was doing but I know how a fuse works and I was unable to find a fuse that didn't have continuity). I also tested the DC voltage coming out of the connector that connects to door panel, I outlined the measured voltages in the image below:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:13 pm 
SE Member
SE Member

Year and Trim: 2003 SSEI
Is the door recognized when you open and close it? I had a similar issue but it was with the rear driver's door the window or locks would not work and it was not recognized. After some digging, I found a page that talked about a connection of the four doors wires underneath the driver's seat. upon some investigation, I found that water had built up at some point in the previous owners' ownership from not cleaning out the sunroof vents this caused some corrosion and caused the connection to partially fair I do not know how only the one door was affected as all of the wires were corroded about the same. It is very easy to do the hardest part is taking the seat out here is a link to the walkthrough it's worth checking out at least it's a free fix. https://imgur.com/a/ex8w6