It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:08 pm 
LE Member

Year and Trim: 2001 ssei
Hello to all, I have a 2001 Bonneville SE. The turn signals/hazzard lights blink really really fast when the car is warm and they come on but don't blink when the car is cold. All the bulbs are good and blink at the same rate as the dash arrows. I'm talking close to 500 flashes a minute or more. I've checked the 15 amp fuse under the back seat and its good. Getting power to the relay on the dash. I've swapped another relay/hazzard button combo and get almost the same results. The other relay was from my 2001 ssei. Powers seem to be ok. could it be a weak ground somewhere? Enough to light the bulb yet cause the relays to perform like there was a bulb out? Any ideas appreciated!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:52 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Year and Trim: 1992 SSE
2009 G8 GT
Are there led bulbs in there?

WHITE WHINE - 1992 SSE Supercharged 236.26 ci (.040 Over) 15.090 at 90.2 MPH on old engine w/ slipping trans & melted O2 sensor - Gen 3 M62 and matching TB, Gen 2 Pully, Zillamotorsports Ported LIM, YT 1.72 Roller Rockers, SII FPR & Injectors, Hypertech Thermomaster chip w/ 160 Thermo, TransGo Shift Kit, Infinity/Pioneer Speakers and 10" Subs, 1300 watts, 140 amp Alternator, Ricepipe CAI w/ heatshield, Pilot Angel Eye Foglights, Clear Corners, '02 17" Chrome Bent 5's, Magnaflow F-Body Muffler and Hi-flo Cat, Ceramic Coated Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Fan Override
2009 G8 GT - Sport Red Metallic, loaded, SOLO Axlebacks, Rotofab Intake, Tuned, autodim mirror, removed intake manifold cover, HSV GTS triple gauge pod, two tone red-hot shifter and HSV SuperSport steering wheel, GXP rear sway bar and diffuser, 3.45 diff and various Camaro suspension bits, LED Taillights

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:48 am 
LE Member

Year and Trim: 2001 ssei
negative on LED's but have had to change bulbs before. think I bought sylvania bulbs but who knows if they're made of chineseium or not. going to try cleaning contacts and perhaps changing all associated bulbs. It's weird that when it's colder outside the relay doesn't flash. It allows power to the bulbs but won't blink. As it warms up in the engine compartment then it will flash very very rapidly. then slow to about twice as fast as normal like a bulb was out. I live in north Florida so when i say cold outside i'm only talking about 45 degrees F. I have wiring schematics on the way but won't arrive till friday. will update asap. I'm still thinking powers and grounds.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:41 pm 
SSE Member
SSE Member

Year and Trim: 2003 Pontiac Bonneville SSEI
Not sure if you got it figured out, but
Here is a snapshot of the 2001 Turn/Hazard schematic from GMSI
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gvruh ... 4lziy97LpT

I'd wadger if you check all the grounds and power connections you might be left with a faulty module.

SLP Ceramic Coated Headers,
Thrasher Cold Air Intake,
GXP Tails, Interior Door handles, Trim pieces etc.
40th Aniv Grand Prix GTP Wheels (Very Shiny & Very Annoying :pukeleft: )