It is currently Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:29 am 
SE Member
SE Member

Year and Trim: 2000 bonneville ssei
Since the security issue has been figured out I have a new issue, I'm having a couple of issues. First my turn signals aren't getting power from the fuse block to the multi function switch for the turn signals but all the other features are working as should (headlight dimmer and headlight switch). If you take the power probe and apply power to the pin on the multi function switch for the turn signals they work. Here's my dilemma, the rear fuse block doesn't match the diagram for how the rear fuse block is laid out in the car. I seem to be missing the pin outs and relay for ign1 and some of the fuses aren't in the same location as what the diagram and the Alldata info is telling me. I partially screwed up and bought the alldata for a 2000 ssei just to come to find out the car is actually a 2001. Does the 2000 and the 2001 share the same wiring and harness? If you check continuity from the power wire to the flasher module it has continuity to both power and ground... we repaired one splice pack under the driver seat last night and have checked several others. This car has is being a giant PITA for what was suppose to be a cheap beater with a heater!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:40 am 
Resident Gearhead
Resident Gearhead

Year and Trim: 2004 GXP, 2008 STS, 2008 DTS
Electrically, the wiring from the fuse block to the flasher module and fuse block to the turn signal switch are the same. However, the 2001 uses a larger gauge wire from the fuse block to the flasher module.

If your IGN-1 fuse was bad, you would have other problems with the car aside from what you've mentioned. There is only one point where power breaks off between the rear fuse block and the turn signal module. This is at splice S216. It's in a very unlikely place to be a problem, but if you want to check, it's located in the body harness, left side of the vehicle, approximately 17.0 (6.7 in) cm from P100. P100 is the big rubber pass-through grommet under the left side of the dash where the main body harness passes through the firewall into the engine compartment.

This IGN-1 signal also passes through connector C202 on its way to the turn signal switch. You may want to separate this connector and visually inspect the terminals to make sure they aren't hot/burned or corroded. C202 is a large 40-cavity LeverLock connector just below the steering column. It's black in colour (there's another on right beside it that's white). The wire you're looking for is pink and is in cavity B4.

Bose Luxury Sound System w/Touch Screen Navigation, Addition of Factory XM, 2005 MY Antenna, OnStar Upgrade (3G),
RainSense Wipers, Backup Camera, '00 Style Door Panel Courtesy Lights, Heated Washer Solvent, 2X Remote Trunk Release,
Turn Signal Mirrors, Center Console Courtesy Lamp, Rear Outboard Heated Seats, PVD Chrome 18" Factory Rims, Upgraded
Carbon Fibre Appearance Interior Trim, Highly Modified Main Body Harness, Instrument Panel, Door, Door Panel & Headliner
Wiring Harnesses, Custom Fuse Box & Tire and Loading Information Decals, Additional Acoustic Insulation