It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: BUS under seat ???
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:01 pm 
SE Member
SE Member

Year and Trim: 2000 Bonneville SLE
i pulled my seat to try and fix my windows now that sunroof drains are reconnected,,,it's like a indoor pool in my back seat floor,,but anyway i pulled drivers seat,and cannot find bus connector or splice.....i found a small thin connector with 4-5 white wires and 4 tan wires,,could that be it ? these are in the plastic wiring trough,,am i looking at the right thing ??? i went back out to the garage and untaped bundle going toward center console ,it had splice (broke in half ) can i just bundle those wires together ??it is 2 white or tan in ,and 2 out,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,also my drivers door switch lock is lit and will not go off ever, bad switch ????

Post subject: Re: BUS under seat ???
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:47 pm 
SE Member
SE Member

Update ...i soldered all 4 tan wires together and now have both back windows working on the appropriate door switches,,just not the drivers door switch,,and still no front windows,,but im getting closer,,,am i correct that i am done under the carpet so i can reassemble my interior ???

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:21 am 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

Year and Trim: 2000 SLE Saved from the scrapyard.
In my 2000, there were 4 wires ( tan ) that were all connected by one open crimp style connector that was wrapped with a black fabric type tape...the wires were degraded back a few inches either side of the splice. You can see my pictures by looking for the Dirtbag Bonneville thread I started about my car. I had all drivers door functions, but no other functions until I spliced together both sets of tan wires ( actually, 2 parallel wires that were just joined together with the splice ). Once I fixed that, I had full control over all door functions from the drivers door as well as the other doors had their individual functionality restored.

If that didn't restore your function, then you have a little more testing to do.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:41 am 
Resident Gearhead
Resident Gearhead

Year and Trim: 2004 GXP, 2008 STS, 2020 XT6
The specific item he's referring to is a splice pack located in the main body harness running along the left side of the driver's seat. It is a 12 cavity connector. The first six cavities are all connected together and the last six cavities are all connected together. I believe the wire colours should be white and yellow. All the white wires are part of the Stop Lamp Switch Signal circuit and all the yellow wires are Backlight Lamps Control circuit. Unfortunately this is not where wiring repairs are necessary to fix the problem.

As redfury mentioned, you need to find the small splice which is in the branch of main body harness that runs toward the center console directly under the driver's seat.

Bose Luxury Sound System w/Touch Screen Navigation, Addition of Factory XM, 2005 MY Antenna, OnStar Upgrade (3G),
RainSense Wipers, Backup Camera, '00 Style Door Panel Courtesy Lights, Heated Washer Solvent, 2X Remote Trunk Release,
Turn Signal Mirrors, Center Console Courtesy Lamp, Rear Outboard Heated Seats, PVD Chrome 18" Factory Rims, Upgraded
Carbon Fibre Appearance Interior Trim, Highly Modified Main Body Harness, Instrument Panel, Door, Door Panel & Headliner
Wiring Harnesses, Custom Fuse Box & Tire and Loading Information Decals, Additional Acoustic Insulation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:32 pm 
Posts like an L67
Posts like an L67

Year and Trim: 1993 SLE
1998 SE
2001 SSEI
2002 SSEI
This is the connection that Redfury is talking about
http://s675.photobucket.com/user/bon2k2k/media/misc1/IMG_7787.jpg.html
Taken from the 2000+ Common Problems sticky thread http://www.pontiacbonnevilleclub.com/forum/2000-2005-other-than-gxp/topic25362.html

More detailed pics in Redfury's thread
http://www.pontiacbonnevilleclub.com/forum/post457524.html#p457524

I don't think that a faulty switch would light itself up but I could be wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:52 pm 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

Year and Trim: 2000 SLE Saved from the scrapyard.
At the very least, you'll know if the splice is bad if it's anything like mine was due to the presence of green corrosion outside of the split loom. Wish I had taken a picture of that...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:53 pm 
SE Member
SE Member

yea i found and repaired them but still no drivers door switch or window ,,should i relace module or switch first???i tested voltage at DD switch,and had 2 wires hot,( 1.8 v ) and nothing on the others while working switch,,,,but the lock light is lit and the rear windows work on thier appropriate door switches,so obviously they are not locked out....i'm at a loss ???