It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: accuator clip ?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:39 am 
SLE Member
SLE Member

Year and Trim: Bonneville Ssei 1992
Hi il got a WORKING accuator at my rear door but the plastic clip har broke ,, is theres any place where you could get these kind of clips instaed of buying a complete unit ,, it works splendid exept for this lousy plastic clip

http://www.walmart.com/ip/ACDelco-Actua ... 5/33739218

and yepp its not for a pontiac but at least its another Gm product (blazer)

i live in sweden and here theres no information to find about lose clips so therefor il turn to you knowledge base

Post subject: Re: accuator clip ?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:00 am 
Posts like an L67
Posts like an L67

Year and Trim: 1993 SLE
1998 SE
2001 SSEI
2002 SSEI
I'm not familiar with the part you're looking for but here's a GM dealer's website, which has a diagram
http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/auto-parts/2002/chevrolet/blazer/ls-trim/4-3l-v6-gas-engine/electrical-cat/tailgate-scat/?part_number=15139675
At least if you know the part number your search may be made easier.
One possibility is that Dorman may make the part. This might be what you need
http://www.finddormanhelp.com/Product?ProductID=1737&BaseVehicleID=3662&pcat=1&cat=15&year=2002&make=47&model=420
If it is, then try Rockauto, Amazon and other online sellers.
If not, then look on Ebay and dealer websites for the part.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:15 pm 
SLE Member
SLE Member

Well its like this .. At the scenatics from gm giant you provided they simply call it acuator .. They dont list this peice lose .. You have to buy a complete unit including the electric motor .. This piece im.looking for connects the acuator motor to the mecanism that opends the hatch and. When this small plastic are broke nothibg happends when the motor pulls ... Well someone makes these plastic peices and sells too the once who produces the complete asambely .. Think of it in this way .. If you pull a door dessing of and some of the plastics brokes. You dont needs to by a new doorside .. There you can find the plastic nobs and change them
. There must be someone who can sell these clips at the market ?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:14 pm 
Posts like an L67
Posts like an L67

1998 SE
2001 SSEI
2002 SSEI
2 loud wrote:
There must be someone who can sell these clips at the market ?

Are you referring the blue plastic piece on the actuator in the picture you linked?
If so, then this appears to be what you need
http://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/dorman ... iner,13602

A Google search using the GM actuator assembly number found them.

Rockauto is a forum sponsor and there's a discount code you will find on the Vendor's Forum.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:36 pm 
SLE Member
SLE Member

MKMike wrote:
2 loud wrote:
There must be someone who can sell these clips at the market ?

Are you referring the blue plastic piece on the actuator in the picture you linked?
If so, then this appears to be what you need
http://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/dorman ... iner,13602

A Google search using the GM actuator assembly number found them.

Rockauto is a forum sponsor and there's a discount code you will find on the Vendor's Forum.

YES YES YES !!! exacly that lousy piece ,, then you migth undestund why i dident want to get a complete assambely ,,, great thanks to you ,, iv tried to google it but dient found it ! ! i will order it from rock next time ,, i am already customer at theres shop and i am aware of the 5% as even are quite simple to google ,, i supouse the dicount here aint larger then 5 % or ?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:26 pm 
Posts like an L67
Posts like an L67

1998 SE
2001 SSEI
2002 SSEI
You're welcome.
Glad to have helped.
It must be common that they break for Dorman to make them.
Yes, the RockAuto Bonneville Club discount is 5%.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:31 pm 
SLE Member
SLE Member

il checked out them on Ebay and woow theres really really manny seller of them so yes i would say they propebly really common to brake ,, but the sad part for me as an "alien" are that she shipment of this tinny piece of plastic are sick ,, they sells in pairs ,, one set with two costs US $2.49 but the shipment to sweden are $14.95 .. so if anyone would help me out and send me a pair in en envelope i would be werry pleased ,,, the cost of sending an plain envelop to sweden cant be as mutch as $15 and il guess that you could find these at your nearest shop or if needed to get it thrue the net theres free shipment to your postbox so if anyone can help me with this i can send moey thrue pay-pal ..

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 12:08 pm 
Posts like an L67
Posts like an L67

1998 SE
2001 SSEI
2002 SSEI
2 loud wrote:
il checked out them on Ebay and woow theres really really manny seller of them so yes i would say they propebly really common to brake ,, but the sad part for me as an "alien" are that she shipment of this tinny piece of plastic are sick ,, they sells in pairs ,, one set with two costs US $2.49 but the shipment to sweden are $14.95 .. so if anyone would help me out and send me a pair in en envelope i would be werry pleased ,,, the cost of sending an plain envelop to sweden cant be as mutch as $15 and il guess that you could find these at your nearest shop or if needed to get it thrue the net theres free shipment to your postbox so if anyone can help me with this i can send moey thrue pay-pal ..

I am afraid that you are very mistaken as far as the cost of sending these clips to you is concerned.
There is no "alien purchasing penalty" being imposed by US sellers.
The actual postage is US $13.95.
That is why sellers are charging so much.
Any seller charging $15 shipping to you in Sweden is being quite reasonable, considering their costs.
They can't simply be placed in a letter sized envelope and sent to you.
The postal machines would either crush or damage the clips or tear the envelope because it is not flat.
An envelope which is not flat is charged a package shipping rate by the US Postal Service.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 6:19 pm 
Posts like a Northstar
Posts like a Northstar

Year and Trim: 2000 Bonniville SSEi L67
hi, if this clip only opens a blend door hatch, I would first crazy glue/contact cement that thing - no good the way it is and its on little load so it should work well.

2000 SSEi
past rides:
1996 SSEi
1992 GTP
1987 Grand Am

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 7:39 pm 
SLE Member
SLE Member

well been there done that ,, i had the same adiea but it broke down again ,, havent tear it apart again to see what happend , i thought i shoud have the spare part here when ,, and about the shipment ,, its "resnoble" cost but it still sucks to pay several time moore fore the shipment then for tha accutal piece ,, all thos becuse the swedish dealers hasent feet the need of puting it in stock