It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:24 pm 
SSEi Member
SSEi Member

Year and Trim: 1992 SE
I swa a couple postings in here but didnt find a good answer since I dont know if its something that changed ofer the years. I have a 92 bonneville and all good fuses, but interior lights that dont come on when I open the door, a trunk release that dont work, and no power door locks. I checked all the fuses and dont know what could be doing this. Everything else on the car works but these 3 things, I dont know about the antenna since its broken off. Any help and ideas would be greatly appreciated

--Brian

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:42 pm 
Resident Gearhead
Resident Gearhead

Year and Trim: (RIP 10/31/15) 1997 SE
05 Mercedes S500 4Matic
Have you checked and cleaned the ground bus under the driver's side carpet?

R.I.P. 10/31/15: 1997 SE: "Silver Shadow"
`05 Mercedes S500

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:03 pm 
SSEi Member
SSEi Member

checked, and cleaned the buss under both sides, and still nothing, any other ideas? Kinda been driving me nuts. I bought the car like this so I dont have any knowledge to when this started either.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:55 pm 
Resident Gearhead
Resident Gearhead

Year and Trim: (RIP 10/31/15) 1997 SE
05 Mercedes S500 4Matic
Some basic electric troubleshooting with a multimeter sounds in order. Most of those circuits have a live +12v DC on one side of them, and the ground side floats. When engaged, the ground side is pulled to ground, activating the circuit. You should be able to test for +12v DC on those items with the meter's ground tied to a known-good-ground on the car. You may just have a bunch of bad electric. It's possible for door lock and trunk lock solenoids to die, and for the light switches to get stuck. Go directly to the solenoids and lights and test for +12v DC. If you have nothing, then you need to trace some circuitry. A schematic from the 92 Bonneville's would be useful.

R.I.P. 10/31/15: 1997 SE: "Silver Shadow"
`05 Mercedes S500

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:11 pm 
SSEi Member
SSEi Member

ok, its been awhile on this one, still nothing working. did any of the bonnevilles have an option to not have curtesy lights? Because I cannot find a single door switch on this car anywere. I thought maybe they could be inside the door that activate when the door is opened but nothing. There is no switches in the jamb, under or in the doors to activate lights. Does anyone knoe were the door switches ar to activate the lights? The locks and trunk switches dont matter much, I never lock my doors and use the key for the trunk anyways, but this no interior lights is driving me nuts cuz i work second shift and would like to see inside the car at night without having to use the headlight switch to turn on the interior lights.

I should also mention that the lights dont come on for any of the doors being opened