It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:24 am 
SE Member
SE Member

Year and Trim: 2002 SSEi
Good info in this thread, thanks guys. Just replaced my control module and the wipers are working perfectly now. Unfortunately, I broke the plastic barb for the passenger side fluid hose. :banghead:

'98 SVT Contour - #0471 - Awaiting money and time.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:05 am 
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Year and Trim: 2002 SE
I did the same thing on this '03 after the third time messing with this, finally replaced that barb this summer :lol:

2002 Bonneville SE - The Mutt Complete 2004 SLE interior, drivetrain, and body harness swap, ECC swap, HUD swap, black GXP wheels, GXP headlights and tinted tails - SOLD
2003 BMW 540i M Sport, 2001 BMW X5 4.4i, 2010 GMC Acadia, 2017 Grand Design Imagine 3150BH
1982 Cutlass Supreme - The fun one

MattStrike wrote:
It was the worst week of my life! *pause, drinks beer... smiles* But I'm better now!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:35 am 
SE Member
SE Member

Year and Trim: 2002 SSEi
crash93ssei wrote:
I did the same thing on this '03 after the third time messing with this, finally replaced that barb this summer :lol:

Did you come across any brass replacement barbs? Or just source a plastic one from a junkyard car?

'98 SVT Contour - #0471 - Awaiting money and time.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:52 am 
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Just a stock plastic one from a car I parted out.

2002 Bonneville SE - The Mutt Complete 2004 SLE interior, drivetrain, and body harness swap, ECC swap, HUD swap, black GXP wheels, GXP headlights and tinted tails - SOLD
2003 BMW 540i M Sport, 2001 BMW X5 4.4i, 2010 GMC Acadia, 2017 Grand Design Imagine 3150BH

MattStrike wrote:
It was the worst week of my life! *pause, drinks beer... smiles* But I'm better now!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:48 am 
SLE Member
SLE Member

Year and Trim: Buick pa ultra 1991, 3800series I
Sorry to steal a topic. mine is 91 but i suppose they didnt learn anything after that, looks similar package. renewing it might be only cure to wiper problems...?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:09 am 
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

I would first test the wiring to the wiper motor to make sure that it either is or is not getting power. If it is getting power and the motor still doesn't work then the motor is bad, if there is no power then the problem lies elsewhere.

MattStrike wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:02 am 
SLE Member
SLE Member

Year and Trim: Buick pa ultra 1991, 3800series I
well mine work, they just now and then keep getting on after turning them off.
kind of funny when they jump lurking like "we wanna wipe more"...

but so far it has cured when i put them back on, and then to off at the highest wiping point

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:05 pm 
SSEi Member
SSEi Member

Year and Trim: 2000 Galaxy Silver SE no mods
Part # at autozone?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:19 pm 
SSEi Member
SSEi Member

Year and Trim: 2000 Galaxy Silver SE no mods
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4-vFeIwL_A

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 11:17 am 
LE Member

Location: Was Lost Wages, NV now Deep in the Green Jungle where the MS Giant ponders it's next conquest, WA
Year and Trim: 2000 Bonneville SSEi
My '00 just started the wiper always on mode. As stated in earlier posts, it will continue at whatever speed it is turned to. Removing the fuse and then replacing didn't change the behavior.

Since I live in the Evergreen (and ever raining) State now it's amazing it hasn't happened sooner. :roll: Life in Vegas didn't give many opportunities to even use the wipers.

Thanx to all for your posts here :hail: and I'll check the motor out as well as the drain holes. I'll have to let my teenage daughter know she didn't break it. She has always seems to find a way to bring out a maintenance issue is our cars. :sadeyz:

I think I should have her get a job with UL.

Will update after I get into it and fix it.

My Pontiac Lineage
1993 Grand Prix
1983 Trans Am
1987 6000STE
1986 6000STE
1969 Firebird Convertible (1st Car) Still My 1st Love

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:29 pm 
LE Member

Location: Was Lost Wages, NV now Deep in the Green Jungle where the MS Giant ponders it's next conquest, WA
Year and Trim: 2000 Bonneville SSEi
8 months later finally finished fixing it. Crazy times. Thank goodness for RainX which kept the windows shedding water until the repair got done. Had water intrusion into motor control unit which fried the control board as seen in previous examples. Watch the Cardone YouTube video above for making sure it doesn't happen again. My motor had the electrical harness attached to the assembly by a push through plug at the engine side of the assembly and a zip tie at the electrical connector.

O'Reilly's had the best price in this area on the Cardone replacement.

Had difficulty getting the assembly out after removing the 3 retaining bolts. If I had removed the motor to linkage nut and popped the linkage off the motor, it would have been much easier. However take a picture of the linkage to motor position to help with the alignment during installation.

:idea1: My recommendation is to do this. The area underneath was enclosed so even if the nut falls down, it's easy to get once the unit is out. After the linkage is off the motor, pull it towards the drivers side and lift the assembly out with a bit of rocking and rolling. You'll then need to disconnect the electrical harness to be able to remove the assembly from under the hood.

Replace the motor on the assembly (T30 bolts 5ft-lbs) remembering to have the motor vent pipe installed and positioned into the assembly support strut (I forgot :roll: ). Leave the linkage to the motor disconnected to assist in the assembly installation. Check the operation of the motor prior to installation by positioning the assembly such that the electrical connecter (with the new seal installed) can be connected to the motor (ensure wiper switch is off). Turn ignition on (don't start) and use the wiper switch then to pulse using the mist position and you should see the motor shaft rotate and stop. Turn off ignition and you now know the motor is in the proper stopped position.

Secure the electrical harness with the push through plus and a new zip tie. Ensure connector is fully in and sealed. Again pull the linkage towards the driver side and have it rest on top of the assembly and to the engine side of the motor shaft. Install the assembly into the car using a rocking and rolling motions moving the linkage as necessary. Ensure that the electrical harness is above the assembly prior to putting in the assembly bolts. Tighten the bolts after all are installed with the motor bolt then center bolt then engine bolt (5 ft-lbs).

Use the earlier picture of the linkage to motor position to help with the linkage alignment. Cardone had a diagram but not much use for the 00-05 Bonneville. As noted in earlier post, linkage should be at furtherest toward passenger side.

My Pontiac Lineage
1993 Grand Prix
1983 Trans Am
1987 6000STE
1986 6000STE
1969 Firebird Convertible (1st Car) Still My 1st Love