It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Emblems
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:33 pm 
Resident Gearhead
Resident Gearhead

Year and Trim: 2004 GXP, 2008 STS, 2020 XT6
The day came and went that GM discontinued the "Bonneville" and "V8" emblems for the trunk lid. I've asked my dealer to try and order them through the variety of channels available. Hopefully a US dealer somewhere will have them on the shelf. Whenever I get work done I do not like to re-use emblems. The "V" crest on the front fascia is still available, along with the "GXP" door emblems. Of course these two parts were used on a variety of Pontiac products which likely explains why they are still in stock. Frightening how little things like this can cause me such anxiety!

Bose Luxury Sound System w/Touch Screen Navigation, Addition of Factory XM, 2005 MY Antenna, OnStar Upgrade (3G),
RainSense Wipers, Backup Camera, '00 Style Door Panel Courtesy Lights, Heated Washer Solvent, 2X Remote Trunk Release,
Turn Signal Mirrors, Center Console Courtesy Lamp, Rear Outboard Heated Seats, PVD Chrome 18" Factory Rims, Upgraded
Carbon Fibre Appearance Interior Trim, Highly Modified Main Body Harness, Instrument Panel, Door, Door Panel & Headliner
Wiring Harnesses, Custom Fuse Box & Tire and Loading Information Decals, Additional Acoustic Insulation

Post subject: Re: Emblems
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:25 pm 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Year and Trim: 2003 SLE
I totally understand.

Have you ever considered taking matters into your own hands and 3D printing them somewhere?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:23 pm 
Resident Gearhead
Resident Gearhead

I hadn't, but that's an interesting thought. I'm just not sure how I'd get the correct finish on them but it's something for me to look into. Thanks for your thoughts on this :)

Bose Luxury Sound System w/Touch Screen Navigation, Addition of Factory XM, 2005 MY Antenna, OnStar Upgrade (3G),
RainSense Wipers, Backup Camera, '00 Style Door Panel Courtesy Lights, Heated Washer Solvent, 2X Remote Trunk Release,
Turn Signal Mirrors, Center Console Courtesy Lamp, Rear Outboard Heated Seats, PVD Chrome 18" Factory Rims, Upgraded
Carbon Fibre Appearance Interior Trim, Highly Modified Main Body Harness, Instrument Panel, Door, Door Panel & Headliner
Wiring Harnesses, Custom Fuse Box & Tire and Loading Information Decals, Additional Acoustic Insulation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:10 am 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Year and Trim: 2003 SLE
No problem, not sure on the finish question, but I figured it would be something cool to look into as the process gets more accessible/popular.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:17 pm 
Resident Gearhead
Resident Gearhead

As suspected... I contacted a US dealer I know and there are none of these emblems on the shelf at any US dealership. I'm sure GM just threw out a bunch of them :(

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:40 am 
SSE Member
SSE Member

Year and Trim: 2003 SSEi
1999 Park Ave. Ultra L67
You may have thought of this already, but get the part numbers from the dealer and Google them. Also search the numbers on Ebay occasionally.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:37 am 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Year and Trim: 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
ddalder wrote:
As suspected... I contacted a US dealer I know and there are none of these emblems on the shelf at any US dealership. I'm sure GM just threw out a bunch of them :(

I may be wrong, but I think when GM as a part they've decided not to carry, the parts are sold at a deep discount to parts houses that specialize in that sort of thing. I see super prices like on Bonneville parts at rockauto. I bought a box of throttle body gaskets for the '92. IIRC I paid 75cents apiece for them delivered. - BC

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:51 pm 
Resident Gearhead
Resident Gearhead

Thanks for the suggestions. I have been, and will continue to keep an eye on eBay. RockAuto didn't have anything either but I'm going to continue hunting.