It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cupholder swap
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:09 am 
GXP Member
GXP Member

Year and Trim: 2001 SSEi
Is it possible to swap the [awful] 2001 cupholders with those from a newer model? It would be great to fit 2 cups...

Black 2001 SSEi | Performance: INTENSE FWI, INTENSE Shift Kit, INTENSE 180* Thermostat, GXP Calipers (custom powder coated), EBC GD Sport Drilled and Slotted Rotors, EBC Redstuff Brake Pads Aesthetic: Debadged | Cleared Front and Rear Corners | Red Rear Turn Signals | Bright White LED Reverse Lights | Black Centerpiece | Black Pontiac Emblem | 35% Huper Optik Tint | GXP Interior (Carbon Fiber Vents and Handle Inserts, Stainless Handles, Shifter, Black Buttons for Windows and Cockpit, Cupholders) | Hood and Rear Quarterpanel Herpes :thumbdown:

Post subject: Re: Cupholder swap
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:57 am 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Year and Trim: 2000 ssei gone but not forgotten
You have to swap the entire center console, I did it to mine. You also have to remove some electrical tape from the wires for the heated seat and traction control buttons so you can relocate them under the a/c controls.

Current fleet:
2009 G8 v6, 2009 Avalanche LTZ, 2013 Volt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:54 pm 
Posts like an L67
Posts like an L67

Year and Trim: 2003 SSEi.

LOTS of Mods
you do not have to swap the console.

There is a plastic mount that needs to be removed, and you can use your current console. You just have to swap the plastic parts

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:50 pm 
GXP Member
GXP Member

How would one go about relocating the traction control button if simply replacing that part?

Black 2001 SSEi | Performance: INTENSE FWI, INTENSE Shift Kit, INTENSE 180* Thermostat, GXP Calipers (custom powder coated), EBC GD Sport Drilled and Slotted Rotors, EBC Redstuff Brake Pads Aesthetic: Debadged | Cleared Front and Rear Corners | Red Rear Turn Signals | Bright White LED Reverse Lights | Black Centerpiece | Black Pontiac Emblem | 35% Huper Optik Tint | GXP Interior (Carbon Fiber Vents and Handle Inserts, Stainless Handles, Shifter, Black Buttons for Windows and Cockpit, Cupholders) | Hood and Rear Quarterpanel Herpes :thumbdown:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:45 am 
Retired Site Developer
Retired Site Developer

Year and Trim: '17 Silverado 1500
You need the 02+ piece that replaces the cubby hole.

Sirius wrote:
Think about it. You’re tooling down the road in your Prius, knowing full-well that this thing being green is as big a sham as federally mandated ethanol-enriched gas, Russia pulling out of Ukraine, and Obamacare.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:12 pm 
GXP Member
GXP Member

00Beast wrote:
You need the 02+ piece that replaces the cubby hole.

Oh sorry, yes I am ordering that piece from haro. :)

I'm talking more about the wiring.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:41 pm 
GXP Member
GXP Member

Okay, I have the pieces now. Just a couple questions before the install if anyone knows:

1) Do I need to remove the entire center console (which means I would need to remove the seats as well) to install just the shifter and cupholder inserts?
2) What do I do about wiring for the traction control button? Does anyone know how long the wire is?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:22 pm 
GXP Member
GXP Member

Anyone? Sorry to be a hassle. :(

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:28 am 
GXP Member
GXP Member

Hey guys I'm doing this now.

I've got the shifter plate and the CD compartment odd but the cupholders really don't wanna move. Are there screws I'm missing, I see none?

EIDT: NVM, figured it out. Lmao I forgot to remove the piece inside the cupholder, revealing the screws.