It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: DIC issues
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:21 am 
LE Member

Year and Trim: 2005 diamond white GXP
Had a remote start put on the car 6 months ago but not sure if it is related to these issues. I am not using the factory remotes fobs anymore, new ones came with the remote start. I have programmed the memory seat for me. Ok, here are some of the wierd observations: 1) The drivers seat goes to some wierd position that I have NOT set when removing the key ( I then hit the memory 1 position and it sets correctly). 2) I have turned off the right side mirror automatically tilting down for backing up in the DIC but it has started doing it again without me changing anything 3) I had a flat tire a few weeks ago but the "low tire sensor" warning never came up. Had the tire fixed and now it comes up every time I drive the car, I can clear it then I am good for the rest of the mission. These are minor annoyances, had anyone else experienced these things? And, are they related to the DIC?

Post subject: Re: DIC issues
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:13 pm 
Retired Site Developer
Retired Site Developer

Year and Trim: '17 Silverado 1500
Removing the key probably sets off the "Exit" postition. Get your seat into your normal position and press and hold the "Exit" button on the Memory Controls until it beeps. That way the exit position will be the same as your normal position.

Ours does the mirror thing too, even w/ it off. I have NFC why.

Have you scrolled to the Tire Pressure menu and reset that? You need to press and hold RESET until it says NORMAL. Might want to check all 4 pressures and make sure they're within 2 PSI.

Sirius wrote:
Think about it. You’re tooling down the road in your Prius, knowing full-well that this thing being green is as big a sham as federally mandated ethanol-enriched gas, Russia pulling out of Ukraine, and Obamacare.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:22 pm 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Year and Trim: 2006 Cadillac STS-V, 2004 Pontiac GTO
In addition to above, if this happened after the remote start was installed, I wonder if a wire that feeds into the cluster feed may have been nicked during installation. Electronics and harnesses in these cars can be very sensitive, so when someone is splicing in aftermarket equipment into the harness, it can create different resistances within the circuit, shorts, opens, and even voltage surges when power is running through them.

Retired Bonneville Owner and former GM Tech:
2004 Pontiac Bonneville GXP: Black/Ebony *SOLD*

Summer Toys: Combined 827 RWHP / 877lb/ft RWTQ
2004 Pontiac GTO: Impulse Blue Metallic/Black/M6: lots 'o mods, 415 RWHP / 405lb/ft RWTQ!
2006 Cadillac STS-V: Light Platinum Metallic/Light Gray/A6 - Spectre CAI, Magnaflow exhaust, Speed Inc. tune, 412 RWHP / 472lb/ft RWTQ

Daily Drivers:
2015 Chrysler Town & Country Limited Platinum: Mommy's NEW RGC
2007 Chrysler Town & Country Limited: Daddy's beater affectionately called the Rolling Garbage Can or "RGC" for short
2009 Chevrolet Impala SS: LS4 V8, Victory Red
1999 Chevrolet Suburban: Sunset Gold Metallic - Daddy's winter beater and plow truck

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:27 pm 
Retired Site Developer
Retired Site Developer

To be fair, I guess we do have a remote start in our GXP too, but we never got remotes for it and I haven't gotten around to it either...

Sirius wrote:
Think about it. You’re tooling down the road in your Prius, knowing full-well that this thing being green is as big a sham as federally mandated ethanol-enriched gas, Russia pulling out of Ukraine, and Obamacare.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:57 pm 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

Year and Trim: 2005 GXP
When I bought my Bonnie it had an aftermarket starter in it as well, with one starter keyfob. I replaced both OEM keyfobs and use the starter keyfob for just that, starting the car. The OEM's are linked to Driver 1 and 2 (I had to have them programmed at the dealer but I bought them online) and control a lot more than just the seat.

The 'move seat to exit position' on key removal is programmable within the DIC. You would see the benefit of this if you used the OEM fobs - seat moves to an easy to exit position when you're ready to get out; moves back to driver 1 or 2 position when OEM fob is used to unlock door when ready to drive again. The fob/DIC programming remembers a lot of different settings from seats, outside mirrors, radio (including volume, stations and EQ settings), A/C, etc.

Other Rides: 2009 Solstice GXP Coupe #606, Cool (Liquid Silver) | 2007 BMW 750Li, Toledo Blue Metallic
Past Rides: 2007 Grand Prix GXP, Red Jewel Tintcoat | 2004 Grand Prix GT2, Fusion Orange | 2002 Bonneville SSEi, Black | 1999 Regal GS, Black | 1997 Bonneville SSE, Blue-Green
1994 Cutlass Supreme S, Turquoise | 1989 Cutlass Supreme IS, Bright Red | 1988 GMC Sierra 1500, Dark Red | 1982 Regal Sport Coupe, Maroon/Silver | 1975 LeSabre, Beige
Wife's Chariot: 2006 Buick Rainier CXL, Red Jewel Tintcoat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:36 pm 
Retired Site Developer
Retired Site Developer

Yeah, the exit position thing is great till someone (usually my mother) is in the backseat and they get crushed because something in the system is goofed up.

Sirius wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:57 pm 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

Year and Trim: Currently searching for a Bonneville...
How do you get the car to move to the exit position when the key is removed? I've never seen that option in the DIC, and my seat does a whole lot of nothing when I take the key out.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:54 pm 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

You know what, I may have mispoken. I just went back to the manual and I guess you can set it in the DIC to move either to your memory position or the exit position when pushing the button to unlock the doors. It apparently does not go to the exit position when you pull the key; you have to push the exit button. I must have it confused with another car because I know I've been in a car that does move it to exit when you shut it off. But not our Bonnies. Sorry for the confusion. :roll:

Other Rides: 2009 Solstice GXP Coupe #606, Cool (Liquid Silver) | 2007 BMW 750Li, Toledo Blue Metallic
Past Rides: 2007 Grand Prix GXP, Red Jewel Tintcoat | 2004 Grand Prix GT2, Fusion Orange | 2002 Bonneville SSEi, Black | 1999 Regal GS, Black | 1997 Bonneville SSE, Blue-Green
1994 Cutlass Supreme S, Turquoise | 1989 Cutlass Supreme IS, Bright Red | 1988 GMC Sierra 1500, Dark Red | 1982 Regal Sport Coupe, Maroon/Silver | 1975 LeSabre, Beige
Wife's Chariot: 2006 Buick Rainier CXL, Red Jewel Tintcoat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:06 pm 
GXP Member
GXP Member

you may wanna call ghost busters!!! lol j/k