It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 12:07 pm 
SE Member
SE Member

Year and Trim: 01 SLE
I want to install an aftermarket radio in my 01 SLE. I'm trying to find the right wiring harness, but can't figure out if I have a bose system, or even a factory amp. Nothing in my car says bose on it, so I'd imagine that it doesn't have a bose system, but I just want to make sure because I've heard of them being unmarked in some cars.

These are the two harnesses they offer on crutchfield:
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_541RP3GM1 ... ml?tp=3486
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_120LCGMRC ... ml?tp=3486

The first one is capable of retaining a factory amp, if you have one. That's what they give you when you select that you have 8 speakers in your car. The second one is what they give you when you select 4 speakers. Another problem is that mine has 6, two on the front doors, two on the rear deck, and two tweeters on both front doors. I'm just going to use the second one if it turns out that i don't have a factory amp.

This is what is in the trunk, are any of these an amplifier?
https://www.gmforum.com/attachments/aud ... -trunk.jpg

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 1:05 pm 
Resident Gearhead
Resident Gearhead

Year and Trim: 2004 GXP, 2008 STS, 2020 XT6
The only 2000+ Bonnevilles equipped with a Bose or Monsoon amp were the SSEi and GXP. Bose was installed in the 2000-01 model years and Monsoon in 2002-05. Everything else is just a base level radio that uses the integrated amplifier.

Bose Luxury Sound System w/Touch Screen Navigation, Addition of Factory XM, 2005 MY Antenna, OnStar Upgrade (3G),
RainSense Wipers, Backup Camera, '00 Style Door Panel Courtesy Lights, Heated Washer Solvent, 2X Remote Trunk Release,
Turn Signal Mirrors, Center Console Courtesy Lamp, Rear Outboard Heated Seats, PVD Chrome 18" Factory Rims, Upgraded
Carbon Fibre Appearance Interior Trim, Highly Modified Main Body Harness, Instrument Panel, Door, Door Panel & Headliner
Wiring Harnesses, Custom Fuse Box & Tire and Loading Information Decals, Additional Acoustic Insulation

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 12:43 am 
LE Member

Year and Trim: 2003 SSEI
Your rear speakers will have "Bose" on the magnets, check those (under the package tray, in the trunk)

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 1:54 am 
Resident Gearhead
Resident Gearhead

Year and Trim: 2004 GXP, 2008 STS, 2020 XT6
Like I said before, no 2000-05 SE or SLE was equipped with either a Bose or Monsoon amp, but check if you must. I would at least be looking for the amp as evidence instead. Checking for the Bose identification on speakers is no guarantee. I purchased many, many speakers used in GM vehicles with Bose amps and the vast majority were not identified with anything but a GM part number. The dealer would be looking on the Service Parts Identification label for:

Bose (2000-01 only):
U80 - Speaker System Bose - 8

Monsoon (2002-05 only):
UZ8 - Speaker System 8, Premium

Other variations include (depending on model year):
UW6 - Speaker System 6, Dual Front Door Tweet & Woof, Dual Extended Range Shelf
UX7 - Speaker System 4, Dual Front Door Mounted, Dual Extended Range Package Shelf

Bose Luxury Sound System w/Touch Screen Navigation, Addition of Factory XM, 2005 MY Antenna, OnStar Upgrade (3G),
RainSense Wipers, Backup Camera, '00 Style Door Panel Courtesy Lights, Heated Washer Solvent, 2X Remote Trunk Release,
Turn Signal Mirrors, Center Console Courtesy Lamp, Rear Outboard Heated Seats, PVD Chrome 18" Factory Rims, Upgraded
Carbon Fibre Appearance Interior Trim, Highly Modified Main Body Harness, Instrument Panel, Door, Door Panel & Headliner
Wiring Harnesses, Custom Fuse Box & Tire and Loading Information Decals, Additional Acoustic Insulation

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 10:00 am 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Year and Trim: 2003 SLE
The Bose and Monsoon premium systems had rear door speakers, as said above, no SE or SLE got this option.