It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:32 pm 
LE Member

Year and Trim: 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT (Bose)
Hey all,

I installed a Sony GT56UI headend into my car around a year and a half ago with a harness and it worked great, however since recently it sometimes it never outputted any sound during the day however it would work in the morning, now it never works at all. The car is a 02 Grand Prix GT with the Bose system; would appreciate any advice to help narrow down the issue

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:51 pm 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

Year and Trim: None
I would (with quite a few years of electronics experience) guess that the headunits output has expired. Highly unlikely that all the speakers would quit at the same time.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:39 pm 
SLE Member
SLE Member

Year and Trim: 2000 SSEi
RIP 2001 SSEi
Not sure if you're still looking into answers but you have a Bose sound system which means you have a amplifier powering all of you're speakers. That could have gone out or may have a bad connection or ground that got messed up over the years. You can get then replaced or have all the speakers run to the aftermarket head unit.
The stock speaker amplifier is located in the trunk on a metal cross beam on the back wall of the trunk behind the nice looking plastic piece covering it up. If you need a picture let me know.

I have had problems with my harness when I first installed a aftermarket receiver because the wire for the amp turn on did not go into anywhere or splice into any wire so I had to manually run a turn on wire from the harness all the way back to the amp and splice it into the stock turn on wire. It wasnt to bad because I kept that wire going onto my other Amplifier running my subwoofer. I mounted that on the opposing bracket of the stock amp so it all hides behind that plastic piece. looks really good.

Even though this part doesn't apply to your problem I hope I may of helped some. No music is no good.

Oooh now that I think about it a little more If your system worked fine for a time maybe one of your wire splices came undone on your harness. I would recommend taking out the head until and looking at the harness wiring and make sure its all good aswell.