It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:26 am 
LE Member

Year and Trim: 2002 Pontiac bonneville ssei-dark gray.
For those of you running a aftermarket CD player with the chimes harness ( PAC something, couldn't remember the name of it), what wire do you connect the " remote wire"(blue with the white tracer line) to in order for the"factory monsoon" amp to work with the aftermarket CD player? My factory amp worked fine(all eight speakers) I just wanted something to power a Rockford 12" p2 sub. I ve had my current setup for two years and would like to hook the factory back up. I have 2 "6 1/2" in the door and one Rockford 12 in the trunk. I just want the full sound back. All speakers have been replaced except factory tweeters. I remember when I first bought the harness I could not get the monsoon to turn on so I just hook my other amp up. I very comfortable installing stereos, and running wires! Also just reading a bunch old post from members who've done it, but the wires they list are from sle models, and bose stereos.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:08 am 
LE Member

Year and Trim: 2002 Pontiac bonneville ssei-dark gray.
Thanks Darcy dont need the pic no more..
i got the GMOS-09 again and installed it... all i had to do was cut the wire going to pin A6
and that fixed the problem..

even though everyone said throw the GMOS-09 in the garbage..
but i gotta admit... THERE IS NOWAY the pac harness can come close to the GMOS-09 for few reasons:
1- chiming from PAC comes from the harness which sounds like ass vs the chimes still come out of the speakers in the GMOS-09 same as stock.
2- when i installed the PAC i really did regret buying the deck because the sound quality was soo poor and *shoot* comparing to the monsoon thinking the deck was garbage.. when i installed the GMOS-09 the sound quality was same if not better than the stock deck.. it sounds really really amazing... cant compair the 2 really cant..
3- chimes werent adjustable in the PAC... it is on the GMOS-09
4- i still have onstar and everything works as if shes stock
5- im frickin happy!!,problem fixed...
took me three hours to know whats going on..

i measure the voltage on every wire on the amp when the stock deck is in and then i measured it again when the aftermarket deck is in..

there two pink wires in the amp.. (one was light pink other was alittle darker i beleive)
in the stock deck on pink read 12v and the other one read 0
in the pioneer deck on both pink wires read 12v

so look at this harness
you can see there are three wires

top row pin 3 and pin 6
bottom row pin three

alll three wires are connected together from pac into one signal wire

well thats wrong for some reason.. gotta do some search online to see why and waiting on some wire schemetics

so basically i seperated all three blue wires and im only running one of them.. top row in the picture pin 3

pin 6 on top row and pin 3 on bottom were are disconnected and deck works fine..

still didnt install it yet
i duno if what i just said makes any sense :eek2: :bluetwitch:
hoping someone would give me some tips on trimming the dash before i start. ( two post in one! I don't know how to copy and paste the link, but "samzgxp" and "ddalder" credit for this!!