It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 10:32 pm 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

Year and Trim: 2005 GXP
k so i returned my GMOS-09 and i bought the GM32R and i connected it today..

the module itself chimes whenever i have the key or lights on and YET NO SOUND COMING OUT WHEN THE RADIO IS ON! :angry4: :angry4: :angry4: :angry4: :angry4: :angry4: :angry4: :angry4: :angry4:

im already starting to hate this stupid deck! how the hell can i get it to work!!

UPDATED PAGE TWO

Fully tinted, 5000K HID hi/lo & fogs, LED conversion (interior/red rear signals/reverse light/license plate/trunk/sun visor/glove box/switch backs), turn signal mirrors, JVC KW-NT3 Navi & BT, KV-CM1 Camera, 2x JL 13TW5, JL G-Max, black & chrome emblem, 20" black & red, clear corners, center tail light up, half tinted tail lights, cross drilled rotors, Hawk ceramic pads, and more..

Black GXP. One of a kind. RIP.
G35 Coupe 6MT. Stockishhh

Last edited by SAMzGXP on Wed May 20, 2009 12:11 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 10:45 pm 
Resident Gearhead
Resident Gearhead

Year and Trim: 2004 GXP, 2008 STS, 2020 XT6
From the installation guide:

"Designed for vehicles without OnStar® or Premium BOSE® sound systems."

Are you wiring the module directly to your speakers? If not, this is likely the problem. I'd have to have a close-up pic of the 32 pin DNL connector to see what wiring is present, but I'm willing to bet that it isn't wired to support the amp.

Bose Luxury Sound System w/Touch Screen Navigation, Addition of Factory XM, 2005 MY Antenna, OnStar Upgrade (3G),
RainSense Wipers, Backup Camera, '00 Style Door Panel Courtesy Lights, Heated Washer Solvent, 2X Remote Trunk Release,
Turn Signal Mirrors, Center Console Courtesy Lamp, Rear Outboard Heated Seats, PVD Chrome 18" Factory Rims, Upgraded
Carbon Fibre Appearance Interior Trim, Highly Modified Main Body Harness, Instrument Panel, Door, Door Panel & Headliner
Wiring Harnesses, Custom Fuse Box & Tire and Loading Information Decals, Additional Acoustic Insulation

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 10:53 pm 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

there are three wires joined together to the remote wire

i got three pics
the three blue wires under my finger are soldered together to be the remote wire

and this is the box...
it said works with bose or no bose

Fully tinted, 5000K HID hi/lo & fogs, LED conversion (interior/red rear signals/reverse light/license plate/trunk/sun visor/glove box/switch backs), turn signal mirrors, JVC KW-NT3 Navi & BT, KV-CM1 Camera, 2x JL 13TW5, JL G-Max, black & chrome emblem, 20" black & red, clear corners, center tail light up, half tinted tail lights, cross drilled rotors, Hawk ceramic pads, and more..

Last edited by SAMzGXP on Fri May 15, 2009 11:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 12:12 am 
Resident Gearhead
Resident Gearhead

Yeah, the wording is kinda tricky. Bose "Premium", which is what the installation guide states, usually implies an external amplifier. This however can also refer to a Class 2 amp sometimes which wouldn't apply here since the Monsoon amp is a non-Class 2 amp. A couple of questions...

What do you have the three blue wires that are tied together connected to?
Have you verified that your new head unit works in an environement outside the Bonneville?

It looks like the wiring to support the amp should be there.

Bose Luxury Sound System w/Touch Screen Navigation, Addition of Factory XM, 2005 MY Antenna, OnStar Upgrade (3G),
RainSense Wipers, Backup Camera, '00 Style Door Panel Courtesy Lights, Heated Washer Solvent, 2X Remote Trunk Release,
Turn Signal Mirrors, Center Console Courtesy Lamp, Rear Outboard Heated Seats, PVD Chrome 18" Factory Rims, Upgraded
Carbon Fibre Appearance Interior Trim, Highly Modified Main Body Harness, Instrument Panel, Door, Door Panel & Headliner
Wiring Harnesses, Custom Fuse Box & Tire and Loading Information Decals, Additional Acoustic Insulation

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 12:25 am 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

the three wires were connected together from PAC and never said anything on them.. since its blue and white i assumed it was the amp remote...
so i have it connected to the amp signal wire on the deck

i tested my head unit at a small speaker at work and it worked fine... but never tested it on amps to see if it works..
yet i scanned the remote signal wire coming out of the deck and it gave me 12 v.. which means it works..

i also tried connecting the remote wire in the harness to a 12v source didnt work

im really giving up on this thing already....

Last edited by SAMzGXP on Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 2:26 pm 
Resident Gearhead
Resident Gearhead

When you say that you connected the remote wire in the harness to +12V, I assume you are referring to the vehicle harness? Can you be specific about which terminal this was (include the wire colour as well).

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 2:30 pm 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

i connected the blue and white wire on that harness above to the yellow wire that also read +12V think that might help in turning the amp on

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 2:35 pm 
Resident Gearhead
Resident Gearhead

I'm going to have to do a little more research...

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 2:37 pm 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

ddalder wrote:
I'm going to have to do a little more research...

thank you i really appreciate it..

do you have a wiring diagram of the stock harness?

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:02 pm 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Year and Trim: 2000 ssei gone but not forgotten
i don`t know if its the same in a gxp but i had to run a remote wire from my hu to the bose amp in the back. it is a pink wire in my 2000 with bose

Current fleet:
2009 G8 v6, 2009 Avalanche LTZ, 2013 Volt

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:03 pm 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

really? and it worked after that?

what kinda harness did you use?

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 6:11 pm 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Year and Trim: 2000 ssei gone but not forgotten
same one, when ddadler gets back hr should be able to tell us what color wire yours has

Current fleet:
2009 G8 v6, 2009 Avalanche LTZ, 2013 Volt

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 8:50 pm 
Resident Gearhead
Resident Gearhead

I'll post some info later on. The Bose amp is definitely not wired the same as the Monsoon. They are not even close to being pin for pin compatible (at the amp end).

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 8:53 pm 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

So do you think that would fix the problem if I run another wire to start the emp?

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 8:58 pm 
Resident Gearhead
Resident Gearhead

Based on how it's wired, there's no reason that you shouldn't be able to use the wiring already in place. It's really about how it's wired up at the HU end. Part of the problem may be that the Monsoon amp senses a radio on signal as well as uses the 14V ref line. This is what I need to dig into a little more. The Bose amp doesn't (IIRC). With vehicles that have the Bose amp, one of the inputs on the back of the HU is grounded and this is how the radio knows it's there. It then uses a different signal to turn the amp on. Monsoon amps are a little different.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:23 pm 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

why is there 3 remote wire on the harness if you don't mind me asking?

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 11:40 pm 
Resident Gearhead
Resident Gearhead

Two of these have to do with the amp. One is related to the 14V Ref signal, one is Radio On Signal and the last is the antenna module enable. Our cars have an antenna module that is part of the Diversity Antenna system and needs to be enabled when the radio portion of the HU is active.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:39 am 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

so if i wanna run a 12v wire to the amp like swampthing did any idea which one is that?

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 3:13 am 
Resident Gearhead
Resident Gearhead

How about I check this out a little more first :wink: He has a different amp. The computer all my technical documentation is on a different computer. As soon as I can get to it, I'll look over the diagrams. Believe me, I understand your frustration and drive to get this done.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 3:17 am 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

lol thanks man i owe you big time...

if i move to calgary i owe you wings or something lol