It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:15 pm 
Resident Gearhead
Resident Gearhead

Year and Trim: 2004 GXP, 2008 STS, 2020 XT6
SAMzGXP wrote:
ddalder wrote:
No problem, only it's not Dave :lol:

dennis? lool
sorry dude.. i forgot :lol:

That's okay :lol: It's Darcy. Usually people call my Darryl.

Bose Luxury Sound System w/Touch Screen Navigation, Addition of Factory XM, 2005 MY Antenna, OnStar Upgrade (3G),
RainSense Wipers, Backup Camera, '00 Style Door Panel Courtesy Lights, Heated Washer Solvent, 2X Remote Trunk Release,
Turn Signal Mirrors, Center Console Courtesy Lamp, Rear Outboard Heated Seats, PVD Chrome 18" Factory Rims, Upgraded
Carbon Fibre Appearance Interior Trim, Highly Modified Main Body Harness, Instrument Panel, Door, Door Panel & Headliner
Wiring Harnesses, Custom Fuse Box & Tire and Loading Information Decals, Additional Acoustic Insulation

Last edited by ddalder on Fri May 22, 2009 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 3:02 pm 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

Year and Trim: 2005 GXP
frick!!
Darcy!! right?! lol

Fully tinted, 5000K HID hi/lo & fogs, LED conversion (interior/red rear signals/reverse light/license plate/trunk/sun visor/glove box/switch backs), turn signal mirrors, JVC KW-NT3 Navi & BT, KV-CM1 Camera, 2x JL 13TW5, JL G-Max, black & chrome emblem, 20" black & red, clear corners, center tail light up, half tinted tail lights, cross drilled rotors, Hawk ceramic pads, and more..

Black GXP. One of a kind. RIP.
G35 Coupe 6MT. Stockishhh

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 3:02 pm 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

hahahaha
i just said it before i read your reply
LOL

Fully tinted, 5000K HID hi/lo & fogs, LED conversion (interior/red rear signals/reverse light/license plate/trunk/sun visor/glove box/switch backs), turn signal mirrors, JVC KW-NT3 Navi & BT, KV-CM1 Camera, 2x JL 13TW5, JL G-Max, black & chrome emblem, 20" black & red, clear corners, center tail light up, half tinted tail lights, cross drilled rotors, Hawk ceramic pads, and more..

Last edited by SAMzGXP on Fri May 22, 2009 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 5:38 pm 
Resident Gearhead
Resident Gearhead

Okay, I haven't taken a picture yet but here's the scoop...

On the GMOS-09 Pins A3 (14V Ref) & A6 (Radio On Signal) are connected together and are wired into the module. Pin B3 (Antenna Enable) is simply a wire connected to the DNL and is in no way connected to the module. It connects to the power antenna wire on the aftermarket deck. Definitely different than what you've got there. I'll have to look inside the module later but I'm not hopeful I'll be able to determine anything without diagrams.

Bose Luxury Sound System w/Touch Screen Navigation, Addition of Factory XM, 2005 MY Antenna, OnStar Upgrade (3G),
RainSense Wipers, Backup Camera, '00 Style Door Panel Courtesy Lights, Heated Washer Solvent, 2X Remote Trunk Release,
Turn Signal Mirrors, Center Console Courtesy Lamp, Rear Outboard Heated Seats, PVD Chrome 18" Factory Rims, Upgraded
Carbon Fibre Appearance Interior Trim, Highly Modified Main Body Harness, Instrument Panel, Door, Door Panel & Headliner
Wiring Harnesses, Custom Fuse Box & Tire and Loading Information Decals, Additional Acoustic Insulation

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 5:01 pm 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

Thanks Darcy dont need the pic no more..
i got the GMOS-09 again and installed it... all i had to do was cut the wire going to pin A6
and that fixed the problem..

even though everyone said throw the GMOS-09 in the garbage..
but i gotta admit... THERE IS NOWAY the pac harness can come close to the GMOS-09 for few reasons:
1- chiming from PAC comes from the harness which sounds like ass vs the chimes still come out of the speakers in the GMOS-09 same as stock.
2- when i installed the PAC i really did regret buying the deck because the sound quality was soo poor and *shoot* comparing to the monsoon thinking the deck was garbage.. when i installed the GMOS-09 the sound quality was same if not better than the stock deck.. it sounds really really amazing... cant compair the 2 really cant..
3- chimes werent adjustable in the PAC... it is on the GMOS-09
4- i still have onstar and everything works as if shes stock
5- im frickin happy!!

Last edited by SAMzGXP on Mon May 25, 2009 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 8:29 pm 
Resident Gearhead
Resident Gearhead

I'm glad everything worked out. The problem here was the GMOS-09 should have been a plug and play device. It was only made to work with a very limited number of vehicles, the Bonneville being one of them. It's great that you've found the solution that so many people wanted to see. It's just very disappointing that the manufacturer didn't have better support and information on this product. If this had been the case there wouldn't be nearly so many people annoyed with the product. From what I've seen so far, this product should have been labelled as 2000-01 with or without Bose, 2002-05 without Monsoon. Alternatively, they could have included a jumper for vehicles with or without Monsoon.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 8:37 pm 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

Yeah i see what you mean...
the only way i figured this out was from the PAC harness which had the same problem..
weird eh?
i mean how did the PAC and METRA harnesses work for other people when they did? could it be just my car thats just different?
the GMOS09 had the same problem as the PAC.. and i called both metra and PAC and they both said theres something wrong with my car.. im like wtf?!?!
but im really glad i got the GMOS-09 back because i was really reallly disappointed from the PAC one thinking it was my deck..

now the challange is having the deck installed lol
i really duno where to start cutting

Last edited by SAMzGXP on Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 9:46 pm 
Resident Gearhead
Resident Gearhead

Numerous people have had the same problem as you with the GMOS-09. This isn't a problem with your car at all. There are definite differences between the Bose and Monsoon amps. I think this is where they (the module manufacturers) just don't get it. The two amps are not plug and play compatible. They also (from what I see in the diagrams) communicate with the head unit slightly differently regarding amp sensing/turn on.

Hopefully someone will jump in about cutting because I've never installed an aftermarket deck in a Bonneville and therefore can't help you.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:40 am 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

got the deck installed today..
mhmm wasnt too bad i guess for the cutting part..
it was raining.. so i couldnt use the dremel because if i did i need the doors open..
i ended up using a drill... yes a drill lol
i cut holes all the way around the plastic and snapped it off....
got everything working still need to mount the GPS antenna in a better place and also the Bluetooth MIC on the side..
i couldnt get the PAC steering wheel interface to work..
so Darcy if you can help me find which one is for the steering wheels control i really appreciate it..

the paper from pac said the dark blue on pin 8.. but didnt seem like it wanted to work..

got some pics of the cutting....
ill post pics when i have it FULLY installed.. which should be done tomorrow hopefully..

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:47 am 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

ahhh!!
and i just remembered.. i forgot to install the antenna adapter!! thank god i gotta take it apart tomorrow again

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:54 am 
Retired Site Developer
Retired Site Developer

Year and Trim: 2002 SLE
I used a combination of a drill, a little hacksaw thing and a vice grip pliers to snap it off. I don't have a dremel either ;)

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:56 am 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

i do have a dremel.. but it was raining today! again!! ahh!

im glad i used this over it though.. i would have cut too much with the dremel..

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:00 am 
Resident Gearhead
Resident Gearhead

The problem is the 2000+ Bonneville steering wheel controls are not wired directly to the radio. The information they provided was wrong. In our cars, the steering wheel controls are connected to one of the BCM's (Dash Integration Module IIRC). It will interpret which button was pressed and send a message over the class 2 data bus to the radio.

You should call the manufacturer of the module you bought and see if they make one for our vehicles. Alternatively, you could look at disconnecting the controls from the DIM and connect them to this module instead. I'm at work right now and don't have my FSM so I can't give you wire colours or locations until tomorrow at the earliest.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:13 am 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Year and Trim: 2000 ssei gone but not forgotten
I installed one on my car, what model are you using? you have to tap a blue wire under the drivers side of the dash. I can't remember the pin location and I have since taken it out. and again this is on my 2000.

I found that info on the old Bonneville forum before the split.

Current fleet:
2009 G8 v6, 2009 Avalanche LTZ, 2013 Volt

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:21 am 
Resident Gearhead
Resident Gearhead

swampthing wrote:
I installed one on my car, what model are you using? you have to tap a blue wire under the drivers side of the dash.

This would be one of the wires connected to the DIM that I referred to. If someone has a FSM perhaps they can post it, otherwise I'll do that tomorrow.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 1:01 pm 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

thanks darcy il be waiting for your diagrams

and im using another PAC harness.. it did mention something about pin40 but didnt know what it is.. ill write down exactly what the paper said and ill see if you guys can help me thru

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 1:38 pm 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

Year and Trim: 2001 SE L36
Would you mind if I added your pics to my How-to write up? A lot of people have asked for pictures of where to cut and mine were really crappy. I may add a little more info on these adapters too.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 4:04 pm 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

sure go ahead... im glad im able to help..

and as for the harness both PAC and GMOS-09 needed the extra remote wire cut (pin A6) if you have monsoon sound system

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 2:11 am 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

anyone any idea what is that green circuit or whatever its called around the ignition key?

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 2:14 am 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

finally installed pics

booting up screen

main screen

USB wire

Blue tooth microphone is mounted on top of the left pod.. il take a pic of it later

also steering wheel interface works now.. i tapped it on the DARK BLUE wire coming out of the steering wheel

Last edited by SAMzGXP on Sun May 31, 2009 2:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next