It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:34 am 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

Year and Trim: 2005 SLE

2000 SSEi *SOLD*
2000 GP GT *SOLD*
Before I start this thread i just wana do this first ------> :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I know lots of you bonne owners have had the Vibration problem in the highway and spent lots of $$$ to fix it and still didnt work. Well, I dont know what to say but thank god i got mine fixed with first attempt and didnt spent a little $$$.

Ok I went to belle tire to get 4 new tires w/wheel alignment & wheel balance. I also added warranty and Nitro Nized the tires.......all that for $265 :wink: . I got connections, thats why. Of course the brand tires were like weird lol but still they look good and I got my warranty and most importantly no more vibration.

Supercharged decal 3rd brake light | Mostly stock| black leather interior | One of a Kind Tails | Custom SSEi Overlay | Painted Grille | Tints 20%(back) 35%(front)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
** NEW PIC's **----->: http://pontiacbonnevilleclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12985

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:28 pm 
SSE Member
SSE Member

Year and Trim: 2001 SE 130,000 miles.
So are you saying the tires alone solved the problem? Are these inflated with nitrogen?
Thanks,
Bill

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:35 pm 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

2000 SSEi *SOLD*
2000 GP GT *SOLD*
billberry12 wrote:
So are you saying the tires alone solved the problem? Are these inflated with nitrogen?
Thanks,
Bill

Yes Bill, I've had this problem ever since i bought the car, so when i finally needed tires, I went ahead and got some new ones and balanced them and got an alignment. About the nitrogen, I beleive it is because they filled it up with whats called Nitro-Nize which i guess is nitrogen. Anywho, im happy and think anyone can get this done to if they take it to a professional instead of doing it themselves.

Supercharged decal 3rd brake light | Mostly stock| black leather interior | One of a Kind Tails | Custom SSEi Overlay | Painted Grille | Tints 20%(back) 35%(front)
** NEW PIC's **----->: http://pontiacbonnevilleclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12985

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:37 pm 
SSE Member
SSE Member

Year and Trim: 2001 SE 130,000 miles.
So it's the nitro-nizeing that did it, not the brand of tires you think?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:41 pm 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

2000 SSEi *SOLD*
2000 GP GT *SOLD*
Im not sure Bill, but can tell you its not the brand of tire because I got some cheap all season tires with a private label brand. I just think Belle Tire technicians know what there doing and the Nitro-Nize is usually for fuel effiecent to save gas. My reccomendation is go to Belle Tire and have them do what i did to my car.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:46 pm 
Retired Site Developer
Retired Site Developer

Year and Trim: '17 Silverado 1500
You mean they filled the tires with nitrogen instead of standard air? Air is 76% nitrogen, and even if they did fill it with nitrogen, you'd have to assemble it in a pure Nitrogen environment to have 100% Nitrogen in the tire. Not worth it, IMO. I have a feeling it did nothing, and the new tires did it. Could've been an out of balance wheel, or an old slightly flat spotted tire, or a belt could've been coming loose. There are so many things that can contribute to this, you can't say that it's any one thing.

Sirius wrote:
Think about it. You’re tooling down the road in your Prius, knowing full-well that this thing being green is as big a sham as federally mandated ethanol-enriched gas, Russia pulling out of Ukraine, and Obamacare.

Last edited by 00Beast on Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:51 pm 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

2000 SSEi *SOLD*
2000 GP GT *SOLD*
Yea ED, Im not sayin the nitro nize did it, but im sayin lots of people tried buying new tires balancing them and other stuff like replacing the CV axles. I dont know exactly what was the problem causing the vibration, but im happy there gone. I would really say that the new tires did the trick though.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:06 am 
Posts like an LG3
Posts like an LG3

Year and Trim: 2000 SSEi
Every available option
what kind of tires did you have before?

off topic: where did you get the Supercharged decal? Wicked look!

Intense 3.4 MPS, Intense FWI, Intense PCM, copper NGKs TR55's, MSD wires, MSD coils, BWD ICM, MagnaFlow High Flow Cat, drilled 180 'stat, solid front mount, Monroe Max Air rear shocks, Moog rear mounts, Moog suspension bushings, cleared front corners, 190,000 miles

Last edited by golfyeti on Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:23 pm 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

2000 SSEi *SOLD*
2000 GP GT *SOLD*
golfyeti wrote:
what kind of tires did you have before?

The tires I had on before were the BF Goodrich. But they were beat up bad.

[/quote]off topic: where did you get the Supercharged decal? Wicked look![/quote]
........and about the wicked look, I know thats right :twisted: If you want one, check out this thread viewtopic.php?f=29&t=8285

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:33 pm 
Retired Site Developer
Retired Site Developer

Year and Trim: 2002 SLE
it was the tires. nitrogen has nothing to do with it. nitrogen simply expands and contracts a little less than the air you breathe, so the pressure should stay steadier with temp. changes.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:53 am 
Posts like an L67
Posts like an L67

Year and Trim: 2003 Lesabre Limited, 2008 Cobalt, 2014 Malibu
Nitrogen.

Since the normal air is 78% nitrogen filling a tire with supposedly pure nitrogen garners little benefit for auto tires. This started in th trucking industry where they retread their carcasses for hundreds of thousands of miles. The 18% oxygen or whatever the exact number is deteriorates the tire carcass. I don't keep my Michelins that long for it to make a difference on my auto tire.

The size of the nitrogen molecule makes little difference in migration through the walls of the tires. The lining of tires are designed to minimize diffusion of molecules. CR, I believe it was, tested some tires years back for holding air. They installed on rims and checked pressures. The Michelin X-One was the best at not losing air pressure. Migration in truck tires would be higher because of the pressure run; it's much above 33 pounds for my Michelins. Higher pressure means higher migration through carcass if liner doesn't help and around rim.

Several months ago I checked around the net for info on this. I found LOTS of companies selling nitrogen generators allegedly separating nitrogen out of the air. They claimed a maximum ability at producing pure nitrogen of around 96% for one. That would be maximum, when new, under ideal operating conditions and maintenance. I'm sure they do much, much less at getting pure nitrogen out of air into a tank for the tire dealer to sell to you for your tires. So you're not getting pure nitrogen to begin with. That's unless you see green (or whatever color) hospital style tanks sitting in the work area for them to fill your tires from.

The manner of the advertisements from the companies to the dealer was how much profit could be made per week or month after purchasing various size machines for producing this mixture containing some nitrogen concentrated from normal atmosphere. That's the hook: profit.

Remember selling AOL and MSN to new computer buyers at the computer stores. Something like hundreds off your computer purchase but you agreed to pay AOL $25 per month for 3 years or something. Well, another scam: BEST BUY is selling nitrogen rights
http://www.purigen98.com/BBY-locations.html

The customer is buying rights to keep tires filled with HIGH-purity (not 100%) nitrogen from PuriGen.com company. Apparently the company decided selling machines to tire stores wasn't enough, so now they're branching into selling road service contracts and nitrogen to end customers.

If it's the idea that air is drier, normal compressed air can be run through a drier at most locations. I don't know if the curbside pumps at Speedway have built in driers but I suspect they do. Otherwise their nozzles and hoses would freeze up in the winter temps in much of the country.

So my opinion is don't waste your money.

Buyer beware.

Last edited by imidazol97 on Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:19 am 
SE Member
SE Member

Year and Trim: 2002 SSEI
Wheel Balancing is an art that few are good at. My brother in law happens to be the best.

I installed some high end Michelin's on my Bonneville, had the wheels balanced twice by different shops, and could not get the vibration oit of mine. I took it over to my brother in law who works in sales at a large tire shop and he did my wheels. Instant 100 mph vibration free.

He explained to me that to be precise, he likes to weight both sides of the rim while balancing. Or when he mounts new tires on rims and finds a really out of whack tire, he will rotate it on the rim which sometimes compensates for the need of heavy wheel weights being added. (This theory was proven when I had winter tires mounted this year)