It is currently Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:33 pm 
LE Member

Year and Trim: 2001 bonneville ssei
Hey yall iv got an 01 ssei and having some kinda electrical issue. So lately iv noticed a battery draw problem not sure where it's coming from but it's draining the battery for sure because I checked the battery itself to see if it was dead to make sure it wasn't just a connection issue and the battery itself was dead. So I got it started again and decided to sit in it while running and check done lights and what not and did notice that the dome lights do not come on when any door is open it will turn on when I override it with the nob on the dash but sometimes it takes a few tries. After sitting in it for a bit the wipers went off then about 30-60 seconds later it happened again checked and the switch was in off position I tilted the wheel up and down a few times to see if that would force it to happen again and it didn't seem to effect it much it continued for about 5 minutes then stopped. I pulled the covers off the column and wiggled the wires in the dash to try and force it again and nothing happened. Prior to all this the car sat in my yard for a few weeks and started up no problem I recently did pads,rotors,calipers,brake lines,front struts and rear shocks then I started to have this problem. Sorry for the long post just wanted to get as much info out at once to see if it helps diagnose something thanks in advance to anyone that reads this and/or posts any help

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:32 pm 
SSE Member
SSE Member

Year and Trim: 2003 Pontiac Bonneville SSEI
IIRC, on my 03, the dome lights will only come on in the daytime via override function of the switch. They are controlled through the sunload/daylight sensor...if you cover that sensor up (center of dash up near windshield by the security led) to simulate night time driving they should come on...might be a slight delay, like you get when you go into a tunnel before the headlights come on, but they should come on. the wiper issue is weird....that switch could be going out and causing a relay to stay energized causing your battery drain, but that is something a skilled technician is going to have to chase down...it's very hard to "find the problem for you" over the internet when it comes to those types of issues.

SLP Ceramic Coated Headers,
Thrasher Cold Air Intake,
GXP Tails, Interior Door handles, Trim pieces etc.
40th Aniv Grand Prix GTP Wheels (Very Shiny & Very Annoying :pukeleft: )