It is currently Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Security bypass question
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:36 pm 
LE Member

Year and Trim: 2002 SSE
Good afternoon and thanks for welcoming to the board, hopefully this is the right place to post if not please just let me know.

A little background that might help. I bought this 2002 with the intention of fixing it up and selling as it only needed a "power steering line" after getting home and starting to work on it it became clear that it would never pass inspection in New Hampshire as it would've needed body work, new gas lines and the list went on and on. One of the local race tracks here has a 6 cylinder fwd american car division and with the strong 3.8 I thought "why not". I started stripping the car including the dash and got it prepped for a roll cage since it wouldn't have been street worthy without a couple g's and lots of hours of work. I repaired the fuel lines and went to start it to no avail. The starter wasn't getting any juice so I wired a push button (since it would be a race car anyway). It fired but dies after a few seconds. I already tried the security relearn procedure and everything else checks out. I have a the fuel enable code so I'm sure it's that. My question and I know its broad but is there something simple I should check that only Bonneville owners would know about? I've watched every video there is and did the bypass resistor etc etc. Can I put a toggle to the wire that tells the PCM to shut the injectors off? I'm running out of ideas. Any insight would be helpful. I drove the car into the garage so I'm pretty positive it isn't due to another running condition.