It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:29 pm 
LE Member

Year and Trim: 2003 SE
I have a 2003 SE that had a weird electrical issue pop up. Pretty much all electrical functions went away - gauge cluster dead, radio dead, windows dead, etc. My first check was the fuse panel and relays contained therein - everything was good and connections tight. I did some searching on this wonderful forum and disconnected/cleaned/reconnected all battery and alternator connections as well as sanding the ground connections under the carpet to bare metal.

Now the problem is partially solved. Gauges work normally, radio works, trunk pops, cruise functions. But NOTHING on the doors work (none of the windows work, door locks do not function, overhead lights do not come on, radio does not turn off when you pull the key and open the door.)

I cannot find anything quite the same in my searches. My driver's front window is stuck halfway down with rain in the forecast. Has anyone experienced similar? I thank you in advance for your help!

Eric

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:39 am 
SLE Member
SLE Member

Year and Trim: 01 SSEI (black)
00 SSEI (green)
Your car is obviously not recognizing that the door is being opened which can be tracked back to the driver's door module. First make sure the driver door module is being supplied with power (I believe the DDM has 2 larger gauge orange wires that feed power but I do not have the pinouts on hand)

The other item to consider is that this also sounds like one of the notorious issues on this vehicle. This will be the item to check if the DDM indeed does have good power and ground. There is a splice pack under the driver seat (easiest to just remove the seat) 4 tan wires go into this splice pack and are the data communication link between the driver's door module and the 3 other door modules. When this becomes corroded, they loose connection and you'll loose windows/locks

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:28 am 
LE Member

Year and Trim: 2003 SE
Thanks - that's what I'll check next!