It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:20 am 
SE Member
SE Member

Year and Trim: 2005 Pontiac Bonneville 3.8 SE
The owner's manual for my 2005 pontiac bonneville states that there is also an EXT (exterior) temperature sensor located behind the front grill. This sensor reads the outside air temperature and helps to maintain the temperature inside the vehicle. Any cover on the front of the vehicle could cause a false reading in the temperature. I've looked all over and I can't find it. Can someone send a diagram where it is? Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:33 am 
Resident Gearhead
Resident Gearhead

Year and Trim: 2004 GXP, 2008 STS, 2020 XT6
It sits pretty much right below the hood latch mechanism in front of the radiator/AC condensor.

This isn't the correct section of the forum to post maintenance questions. I'm sure one of the moderators will move it. "Everything Electrical and Electronic" would be a better location ;)

Bose Luxury Sound System w/Touch Screen Navigation, Addition of Factory XM, 2005 MY Antenna, OnStar Upgrade (3G),
RainSense Wipers, Backup Camera, '00 Style Door Panel Courtesy Lights, Heated Washer Solvent, 2X Remote Trunk Release,
Turn Signal Mirrors, Center Console Courtesy Lamp, Rear Outboard Heated Seats, PVD Chrome 18" Factory Rims, Upgraded
Carbon Fibre Appearance Interior Trim, Highly Modified Main Body Harness, Instrument Panel, Door, Door Panel & Headliner
Wiring Harnesses, Custom Fuse Box & Tire and Loading Information Decals, Additional Acoustic Insulation

Last edited by ddalder on Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:29 am 
SE Member
SE Member

Thanks for redirecting me! I looked by the latch, condenser, radiator and behind the 2 split grills, but can't find it. Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:46 am 
Resident Gearhead
Resident Gearhead

I'm guessing you do not have the automatic climate control. The manual climate control system doesn't have an ambient air temperature sensor (sorry, I should have asked you this before). The manual system has no need for one because it doesn't display the outside temperature, nor does it automatically adjust the interior temperature so it doesn't rely on this information.

Bose Luxury Sound System w/Touch Screen Navigation, Addition of Factory XM, 2005 MY Antenna, OnStar Upgrade (3G),
RainSense Wipers, Backup Camera, '00 Style Door Panel Courtesy Lights, Heated Washer Solvent, 2X Remote Trunk Release,
Turn Signal Mirrors, Center Console Courtesy Lamp, Rear Outboard Heated Seats, PVD Chrome 18" Factory Rims, Upgraded
Carbon Fibre Appearance Interior Trim, Highly Modified Main Body Harness, Instrument Panel, Door, Door Panel & Headliner
Wiring Harnesses, Custom Fuse Box & Tire and Loading Information Decals, Additional Acoustic Insulation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:47 am 
SE Member
SE Member

Thanks you! I didn't know that. Maybe my owners manual was also for other models and accessories. Thanks again!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:39 am 
Resident Gearhead
Resident Gearhead

Yes, there is a single manual that covers all the trim levels/options (SE, SLE and GXP for your year).