It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:43 pm 
SLE Member
SLE Member

Year and Trim: 2000 & 2005
2000 SE Bonneville with manual heat/ac controls. The defrost has great fan air movement. The dash panel has some air movement but not what it should be. The floor has some air movement on passenger side and none on drivers side. The air is hot on defrost and what air does come out of the other vents.

How many door actuators are there and which ones do you think I need to replace?

I did look at the common problem section but all the pictures I cannot open and show as boxes with and 'X'.

I changed the door actuator on my wife's 2005 Bonneville but it was the outside mix door and not sure if the problem with my 2000 Bonneville is the same or another actuator.

Con someone provide the steps to replace the actuator that I need to replace also would be great help.

THANKS for all the help

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:24 pm 
Resident Gearhead
Resident Gearhead

Year and Trim: 2014 Cadillac XTS Vsport.
If you are getting enough heat, the likely suspect is the mode actuator, which directs the airflow. FWIW, while mine had a fair among of air when set to the vents, the amount to the floor was sorely lacking. The mode actuator is the one toward the front that has the blue shielded wire.
Attachment:
airbox.jpg
airbox.jpg [ 157.27 KiB | Viewed 973 times ]

Remove the knee bolster, that is the lower part of the dash, on the driver's side. Look up, and toward the center of the dash. With a few twists and turns of your body, you should be able to see it. Adjust the temperature, and see if it seems to have full movement. If not, to remove it, disconnect the wiring, and remove the 3 screws that hold it in.

*Gone, but not forgotten* - Black 2000 SSEi, HIR Headlights, Angel Eyes fogs, 3rd brake light overlay, hi-flo cat, 180 degree thermostat, HS 1.9 rockers, LSx yellow springs, Intense FWI, PCM, shift kit, push rods, and 3.4 Pulley. ZZP Power Log.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:11 pm 
SLE Member
SLE Member

Year and Trim: 2000 & 2005
thanks that sounds like my issue. Is the mode actuator a different part number than the door actuator?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:23 pm 
Resident Gearhead
Resident Gearhead

Year and Trim: 2014 Cadillac XTS Vsport.
I'm fairly certain that it is a different part number. You may want to check with Andrew at Bonnevilles Unlimited to see what he may have.

*Gone, but not forgotten* - Black 2000 SSEi, HIR Headlights, Angel Eyes fogs, 3rd brake light overlay, hi-flo cat, 180 degree thermostat, HS 1.9 rockers, LSx yellow springs, Intense FWI, PCM, shift kit, push rods, and 3.4 Pulley. ZZP Power Log.