It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:20 pm 
SLE Member
SLE Member

Year and Trim: 2004 Buick Lesabre Limited
Gran Touring package
Hi guys,
I just put new KYB struts and rear auto leveling air shocks on my 2004 Buick Lesabre. Handling is great they are very stiff. Got an alignment afterwards, please see the image. I plan on adding those rectangular metal camber plates on the rear to correct the camber as both tires are at -0.9 degrees camber. I think it is a good idea to do this now because these cars tend to have negative rear camber in the back, and they get even more negative as the car sags. FYI tires have 6k miles on them.
Now to choosing the correct camber plates. According to the printout, the the manufacturer's acceptable rear camber on this car is 0.2 to -0.8 degrees, which puts -0.3 as the mid point. I was thinking of putting either 1/2 degree or 3/4 degree plates on to bring me to -0.4, or -0.15 respectively. I am leaning towards going for -0.15 degrees(3/4 deg plate) because as the shocks age the car will tend to sag and gain more negative camber. Just looking for a sanity check here, do you agree with that?

Also, getting more complicated here but if anyone has the expertise, should I be paying attention to the toe in the rear when buying camber plates(get different size camber plates L and R)? Meaning does adjusting the toe affect the camber(and vise-versa) because the rear toe in L is 0.09 and R is 0.05. Going out on a limb with that one but if anyone has the expertise feel free to comment on my amateur question.
Thanks

PS. My alignment guy offered to re-check my alignment for free if I decided to install rear camber plates.