It is currently Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:47 pm 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

Year and Trim: 2001 SSEi
I posted that my left rear door was not communicating with the rest of the car. It was suggested that a wire was broken in the "accordian" wire cover that goes from the B pillar to the back door. I did not find a damaged wire.
Today, my front passenger door became non-communicative! I unlocked my front passenger door with the key, the unlock switch to open all of the doors would not work, so I reached into the back seat and unlocked that door and opened it and the alarm went off. Opening and closing the front passenger door does not make the lights come on. Even the driver's door controls won't make that window go down (that's still the case with the rear driver's side door too. Also, occasionally when I put the key in and turn it, absolutely nothing happens. I get out cuss at it, kick it a few times and then try again and it usually starts and run perfectly.
When it's acting up, turning the key won't even turn the radio on.
Please help! I don't have any confidence in this car right now. I have no idea when I'll be stranded in the middle of nowhere and even though I always have tools in the trunk, I would have no idea where to start!
Thanks,

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:06 am 
Posts like a Northstar
Posts like a Northstar

Year and Trim: 2000 Bonniville SSEi L67
Hi, when I let my drivers door module get wet, the car acted similar so I would suspect the main control mod on drivers door.But I didn't have the ignition issues you speak of. Do the seat presets on door and mirrors work? As for the key, have you tried the spare?.......... keep smiling

2000 SSEi
past rides:
1996 SSEi
1992 GTP
1987 Grand Am

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:48 pm 
Resident Gearhead
Resident Gearhead

Year and Trim: 2004 GXP, 2008 STS, 2008 DTS
This is a duplicate thread to this one... 2000-2005-other-than-gxp/topic47001.html

Bose Luxury Sound System w/Touch Screen Navigation, Addition of Factory XM, 2005 MY Antenna, OnStar Upgrade (3G),
RainSense Wipers, Backup Camera, '00 Style Door Panel Courtesy Lights, Heated Washer Solvent, 2X Remote Trunk Release,
Turn Signal Mirrors, Center Console Courtesy Lamp, Rear Outboard Heated Seats, PVD Chrome 18" Factory Rims, Upgraded
Carbon Fibre Appearance Interior Trim, Highly Modified Main Body Harness, Instrument Panel, Door, Door Panel & Headliner
Wiring Harnesses, Custom Fuse Box & Tire and Loading Information Decals, Additional Acoustic Insulation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:42 pm 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

Year and Trim: 2001 SSEi
Yeah, I've had to replace that driver's side module once before. The seat and mirror memory are working, so I'm pretty sure it's not that.
Others have posted the corroded wiring connector under the driver's seat, and I've had some problems with clogged A/C condenser drain, so I've had a wet floor for awhile, so I'm sure I need to correct that wiring.

Thanks for the help.

Sorry for a duplicate thread.
When I tried to post last night, I got an error message, so I posted it again and later on the first post showed up also.