It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:24 pm 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

Year and Trim: 2001 SSEi
My left rear door is not communicating with the rest of my car!
It doesn't lock when you try to lock it with the driver's door, the window does not go up or down whether you try to used to driver's door or the door itself. Also, when you turn and hold the key to unlock all doors, it doesn't respond to that either.
Any ideas? I don't have a functioning key fob, so don't know if it would respond to that. I'm sure it's not just the window motor, since it's the lock as well as the window that aren't working.
Thanks for any ideas. I hate to take the door apart if there's a chance that the problem is not inside the door. I don't think I've ever gone into a door on one of these that didn't result in a new rattle!!

Thanks guys!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:56 pm 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Year and Trim: 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
did you get a resolution to the problem? - BC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:23 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Year and Trim: 2004 GXP - plus a handful of other Bonnevilles
It's a broken wire inside the accordion wire shrould near the door hinges.

1997 Corvette | 55k | Silver Metallic | Z06 wheels | Date-night Hauler/Parts runner
2014 Town & Country Limited | Cashmere Pearl | 95k | Family Hauler
2002 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Sport | Black| 260k | Official Bonneville Hauler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:45 pm 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

Year and Trim: 2001 SSEi
WOW! That's a pretty bold diagnosis. I like it! Have you had a similar problem? I've also noticed that when that door is open the overhead lights don't come on. It simply is not communicating with the rest of the car. I'll certainly check those wires.
Thanks for your suggestion, I'll let you know how it goes.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:17 am 
LE Member

Year and Trim: 2002 SLE 3.8 non supercharged
I had a similar problem with my 02 Bonny. Only the drivers door would work. There is a communication wire that leave the drivers door master switch and goes to the other doors. These are only communication wires. One goes to the passenger front door via a path under the drivers seat and lays right next to another that goes to the two back doors. They have a connection terminal that bridges them together. I found both were broken (Corroded in the bridge connector) under the drivers seat in the wire trough under the carpet, and kept the other 3 doors from working. Once I fixed that connection I had full function of all 3 doors again. Since only one back door is not working I would do just like harofreak00 said and check closer to the door for that wire to be broken. In my car it was a tan, very small gauge wire. If its not broken there, its a good chance the connector under the seat is bad. You have to pull the drivers seat to access it. Pull the carpet up and look for the only wires that have a bridge terminal connecting what will look like 4 wires. (its only two wires that are bridged connected).
Problem that causes this is usually because of a sunroof drain hole that plugs up and allows water to run down the B pillar and collects in the floor pan under the driver seat. This is what made the connector on my car rot out and caused the wire connection to go bad. For some reason Pontiac thought it would be a good idea to put a connector on these wires right where they would sit in water instead of making the connection in one of the doors. These two wires will be the only ones with a connection terminal on them. You'll have to peel off some tape to find them in the loom. Sorry I didn't take any pics. But you can find it on the internet.

Hope that helps !