It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:52 pm 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

Year and Trim: 03SSEI, 00SSEI, 92SE(sold), 93SSE/SC, 87GTA, 01TA
Changed the SWPS and had column out. Noticed there is a wire that's not connected to anything.

ImageImage

It is part of the column harness and looks similar to the blue connector for the kick panel light.

Am I missing something or is this normal?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:48 am 
Resident Gearhead
Resident Gearhead

Year and Trim: 2004 GXP, 2008 STS, 2020 XT6
I recall seeing this on my GXP as well. I researched it, but for the life of me I can't recall what I discovered. Something is nagging at me regarding the shift lock and an alternate circuit being used which is why this isn't connected. I'd have to look back but no, I'm confident you're not missing anything.

Bose Luxury Sound System w/Touch Screen Navigation, Addition of Factory XM, 2005 MY Antenna, OnStar Upgrade (3G),
RainSense Wipers, Backup Camera, '00 Style Door Panel Courtesy Lights, Heated Washer Solvent, 2X Remote Trunk Release,
Turn Signal Mirrors, Center Console Courtesy Lamp, Rear Outboard Heated Seats, PVD Chrome 18" Factory Rims, Upgraded
Carbon Fibre Appearance Interior Trim, Highly Modified Main Body Harness, Instrument Panel, Door, Door Panel & Headliner
Wiring Harnesses, Custom Fuse Box & Tire and Loading Information Decals, Additional Acoustic Insulation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:15 am 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

Year and Trim: 03SSEI, 00SSEI, 92SE(sold), 93SSE/SC, 87GTA, 01TA
Thanks
After first post, I looked at the '00 as well and the same wire is not connected to anything on either car.

Still curious about it though. :scratch:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:20 am 
Resident Gearhead
Resident Gearhead

I can figure it out again but it won't be for a few days...

I do remember when I did sort it out, it made perfect sense that it wasn't connected.

Bose Luxury Sound System w/Touch Screen Navigation, Addition of Factory XM, 2005 MY Antenna, OnStar Upgrade (3G),
RainSense Wipers, Backup Camera, '00 Style Door Panel Courtesy Lights, Heated Washer Solvent, 2X Remote Trunk Release,
Turn Signal Mirrors, Center Console Courtesy Lamp, Rear Outboard Heated Seats, PVD Chrome 18" Factory Rims, Upgraded
Carbon Fibre Appearance Interior Trim, Highly Modified Main Body Harness, Instrument Panel, Door, Door Panel & Headliner
Wiring Harnesses, Custom Fuse Box & Tire and Loading Information Decals, Additional Acoustic Insulation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:30 am 
SE Member
SE Member

Year and Trim: 2001 SE
That's not the fuel pump test wire is it? I remember seeing it also when I had the column apart but didn't pay much attention to it since I do know it isn't suppose to be connected - at least on my car.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:25 pm 
Resident Gearhead
Resident Gearhead

38bonne wrote:
That's not the fuel pump test wire is it? I remember seeing it also when I had the column apart but didn't pay much attention to it since I do know it isn't suppose to be connected - at least on my car.

Nope.

I just looked it up again. This is the connector for "A/T Shift Lock Control Solenoid-w/ Column Shift".

It is a two cavity connector with a DK-GRN/WHT wire and a BLK wire. It is one of he few instances where GM had wiring for an option that was not installed. There were so few cars made with a column shifter that it made no sense to build a unique harness for that application. It is in GM's Service Information system under the section "Shift Lock Connector End Views". The same connector exists in the center console for the floor shifter option and uses the same wire colours.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:16 am 
LE Member

Year and Trim: 2000 Bonneville SSEI
I sincerely thank you all for the feedback. I can rest easy now.