It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:54 pm 
Posts like an LG3
Posts like an LG3

Year and Trim: 2000 SLE
So I've read through most of the strut topics and will most likely end up with some acdelco front struts. Keeping my springs. My question is about the strut mount kit listed in a previous post. The new Gm design part number 19208376. http://www.pontiacbonnevilleclub.com/forum/post380110.html I understand that it is better but I can't find it cheaper then 100 bucks with shipping and it's not on rock auto. is it worth the almost double price that of the mount kit on rockauto (ACDELCO 501243)? The numbers dont match but it looks similar. I cant tell where it rotates with the picture because it is top down.
Similarly, http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/monroe-strut-mate-strut-mounting-kit-902972/18570001-P?searchTerm=strut+mount+kit shows the same new design. should i take monroe or are the components known for squeaking versus acdelco?

Also does anyone know if repair shops will transfer the spring over to the new strut if I just show up with the parts?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by FiendScurro on Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:35 pm 
Posts like an LG3
Posts like an LG3

Edited to reflect actual question.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:50 pm 
Resident Gearhead
Resident Gearhead

Year and Trim: 2014 Cadillac XTS Vsport.
What's worth the price is something you will have to decide upon. I've used the Monroe mounts and didn't care for them. The bearing and mount never seemed to line up properly and would become noisy after a year of two. I'm using the newer mount on my car, and installed it on my friend's car also. They work very well.

By doing a Google search, I was able to find some in the $80 range, but didn't check further into things like shipping costs.

The only way to be certain what a particular shop will do is to call them. Some will, some won't.

*Gone, but not forgotten* - Black 2000 SSEi, HIR Headlights, Angel Eyes fogs, 3rd brake light overlay, hi-flo cat, 180 degree thermostat, HS 1.9 rockers, LSx yellow springs, Intense FWI, PCM, shift kit, push rods, and 3.4 Pulley. ZZP Power Log.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:13 pm 
Posts like an LG3
Posts like an LG3

Thanks for your reply. I did read about Monroe mounts being noisy and didn't know if the redesign improved them at all. I really wish rockauto sold the acdelco new design. Tough call I hate redoing things I learned my lesson with duralast power steering pump. Decision time I suppose lol.