It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:12 am 
SLE Member
SLE Member

Year and Trim: 00' Bonneville SSEI
03' Bonneville SE
Alright, so besides the gas cap code I always get when my check engine light comes on, I am now getting a Multiple/Random cylinder misfire code usually accompanied with my 02 Sensor code. I just swapped all three coil packs with ones I know were in good working condition but could have running the car with the 02 sensor code for so long have done something to the coil pack or one of them? In the past I've gotten a code saying Bank 1 Lean Condition I believe it was, only once every few weeks, but I am at a loss here.

There have been a few times recently I will be driving down the road and the car just dies, all my gauges drop down like the car is shut off only the radio stays on as well as all electronics, sometimes it will just come back to life a second or two after dieing and sometimes it takes me 30+ seconds to get it to fire and start again. I have noticed it is happening more often when I put $30 in my tank and the needle reads full than when it's below a half tank if that makes a difference.

I replaced the fuel filter about a year ago but swapped to a new fuel pump and sending unit since then so could some debris have gotten in the tank from doing so and already clogged the fuel filter?

Shes just shy of 218K

2000 SSEi|191k|Galaxy Silver Metallic|Dark Pewter/Black Leather|Audi Style LED's|DRL Disable|Cleared Headlights|Blacked Out Pontiac Script|Drilled Slotted Rotors/Red Calipers|Chrome Supercharged Emblems|Dressed Engine|Bose Interior Speakers|12" Alpine Type-S Sub|Ported Enclosure|500W Rockford Monoblock Amp|Pioneer USB Head Unit|Red Interior/Trunk LED's|"Supercharged" Third Brake Overlay