It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:30 am 
LE Member

Year and Trim: 2002 Bonneville SE
Good Morning everyone,

I've my 2002 Pontiac bonneville car brought before a month and the previous owner had lost his keyfob and had only a master key. :dontknow: I was adjusting with it for a while, but have faced difficulties sometimes to open doors / trunk when i carry something in my hand. So i decided to buy a keyfob, read many sites to understand that it has the receiver built in.

Now that i have brought a OEM Key fob transmitter from Ebay and looking for programming instructions, few sites say i need a programmer device OR need to contact a dealer. And few say to follow methods like shorting connector pins below the driver dash area and pairing it.

Reference : http://blog.keylessentryremotefob.com/2 ... emote.html (Instructions for 1996 model)

And another site, said this

program the remote to your 2002 Pontiac Bonneville without any help from the dealer. This includes the GT model.

Programming Instructions: Note: This is the same for many GM vehicles.
Look beneath the driver’s side dash. You’ll see a programming connector with two rows of slots. Insert your jumper wire into the top right slot and the bottom left slot. This jumps the pins and activates the programming mode. You’ll hear the door locks cycle.
Push the “Lock” or “Unlock” button three times on the remote you wish to program rapidly. This programs the remote to the vehicle. Repeat for additional remotes.

I tried the second method and ON OFF method 3 times as in other models, nothing worked. Unable to get the car to programming mode.. :bhuh:

Planning to try the first method today evening, meanwhile if anyone knows the correct procedure. Please HELP. !! :helpsmilie:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:11 pm 
Resident Gearhead
Resident Gearhead

Year and Trim: 2014 Cadillac XTS Vsport.
Unfortunately, the only way to program it is with a Tech 2. That will likely be at the dealer, unless you find a shop that has one.

*Gone, but not forgotten* - Black 2000 SSEi, HIR Headlights, Angel Eyes fogs, 3rd brake light overlay, hi-flo cat, 180 degree thermostat, HS 1.9 rockers, LSx yellow springs, Intense FWI, PCM, shift kit, push rods, and 3.4 Pulley. ZZP Power Log.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:24 pm 
LE Member

Thank you. Will try to find a dealer who has it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:27 pm 
Resident Gearhead
Resident Gearhead

Year and Trim: 2014 Cadillac XTS Vsport.
Any dealer will have one. Some independent shops might.

Edit - If you have a few GM dealers to choose from, you might want to check with each to see what they charge. The prices can vary.

*Gone, but not forgotten* - Black 2000 SSEi, HIR Headlights, Angel Eyes fogs, 3rd brake light overlay, hi-flo cat, 180 degree thermostat, HS 1.9 rockers, LSx yellow springs, Intense FWI, PCM, shift kit, push rods, and 3.4 Pulley. ZZP Power Log.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:17 pm 
LE Member

Oh! yes. That is one important point too. Thanks Archon, will check and opt for the cheap and best one.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:32 pm 
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Year and Trim: 2002 SE
Might also be cheaper to find a salvage yard and get the remotes and remote module from another Bonneville. The module is easy to access right in the trunk, swap it out with yours and no programming is necessary.

2002 Bonneville SE - The Mutt Complete 2004 SLE interior, drivetrain, and body harness swap, ECC swap, HUD swap, black GXP wheels, GXP headlights and tinted tails - SOLD
2003 BMW 540i M Sport, 2001 BMW X5 4.4i, 2010 GMC Acadia, 2017 Grand Design Imagine 3150BH
1982 Cutlass Supreme - The fun one

MattStrike wrote:
It was the worst week of my life! *pause, drinks beer... smiles* But I'm better now!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:19 am 
LE Member

Seems interesting. Will try that too.. Thanks !