It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:25 pm 
LE Member

Year and Trim: 02 bonnevillee SSEI
Hello, I am new to the forums looking for help with my 02 ssei surges,sputters then stalls when i shift into drive, will start rite up.this happens mostly when the car is warmed up{ not always} cold starts too.new crankshaft sensor, my plugs (autolite platinum) and wires are 2 months old, used maf cleaner to clean the sensor, cleaned and replaced the iac valve.my catalytic conv. was replaced 2 years ago so sholud be ok.i had bout 47 lbs of fuel pressure running, but replaced the fuel pump assembly and fuel regulator since i have 193k on the clock, figured it would go soon.i have replaced the ignition module (used)with one off a 05 sle to eliminate it as a poss. no change.No ses light on, i scanned it showed a p 0 206 open injector circuit cyl. 6 so I replaced the injector (used one off a GTP)after that stalling problem seemed to go away for a few days now its back along with the code p 0 206 .i recently started having tranny issues,car feels jerky when going up a hill. it shifts smoothly jus no overdrive, i read this was a common problem with these. need help where to look next..........

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:35 pm 
Posts like an L27
Posts like an L27

Year and Trim: 2000 SSEi
The jerking when going uphill is common on SSEi's and there isn't a "common" easy cure. Most of us just live with it. Tap the gas pedal when this happens and it will shift to another gear, and the jerking will stop.

Don't know what to suggest about the other issues; I'm wondering if your MAF sensor might be shot. Also check to make sure your spark plug wires are not touching the 02 sensor wire -- sometimes that can cause weird results. Not a solid solution; just a couple things to consider...

Ken

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:02 pm 
LE Member

Year and Trim: 02 bonnevillee SSEI
SURGING/ STALLING WHEN SHIFTING INTO GEAR.... SOLVED!!!! i removed the front half of the stock airbox and installed a cheapo chrome air filter and curved pipe a while back leaving my pcm and wiring exposed. it was a tight fit so the filter s metal ring rubbed the insulation off of a couple wires, turns out one of those was the wire to my #6 injector thats why it was showing a PO 206 open injector code even after having replaced the injector..guess it was grounding out on the metal ring of the filter.. repaired the bare wiring spot and now it runs like a champ... thanx for the suggestions...