It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:02 pm 
GXP Member
GXP Member

Year and Trim: 2000 quicksilver SSEI
2000 ssei noise under full throttle s/c side

Ok first off thanks for any advice today . I believe this is my first post on a computer other than my phone.. I will try to explain this issue as best as i can . fair warning i have bad grammar and spelling, so please bear with me . The car is a 2000 ssei all service up to date before i started modding . In fact there is a new coupler so that is out of the question as far as where the sound is coming from. I have the torque app and have been scanning all types of things and notice the kr most important has been spiking up to almost 10* but not all the time so im thinking that this is a false knock sitcho.. from a stop top wot i get maybe 4* but if im rolling around 40 and mash it i will get a spike to about 10* and when i reach wot im receiving a loss of power and a zapping noise or almost like a tazzer. today i will pull off the belt and check the pulleys and see if maybe it a bearing . Please is there any other things i can check that might fix this . One last thing is that i have been trouble free until about a mth after pulley drop to 3.4 . If it matter i have always ran 93 octain. I can get a sound clip of this is that w

Home made motor mount / autolite 605plugs/beldin performance wires. Hogan 3 inch dp w/ magnaflow hiflo cat, zzp plot and 3.4 smoothflow MpS, trans go shift kit, 10 inch gtablet mounted running torque app.

I have a kr issue please help....

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:08 pm 
GXP Member
GXP Member

Also could it be that's not right enough with the3.4 sc pulley. Its therea wayt to tighten the a belt or tensioner.

Home made motor mount / autolite 605plugs/beldin performance wires. Hogan 3 inch dp w/ magnaflow hiflo cat, zzp plot and 3.4 smoothflow MpS, trans go shift kit, 10 inch gtablet mounted running torque app.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:24 pm 
Retired Site Developer
Retired Site Developer

Year and Trim: '17 Silverado 1500
Did you change the belt when you went to a 3.4? You need to get a smaller belt or a larger tensioner. Intense has both of them, I have NFC what the applications or Part numbers are for either.

Sirius wrote:
Think about it. You’re tooling down the road in your Prius, knowing full-well that this thing being green is as big a sham as federally mandated ethanol-enriched gas, Russia pulling out of Ukraine, and Obamacare.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:26 pm 
SSEi Member
SSEi Member

Year and Trim: 2000 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi
KR used to spike up on my bonne when I downshifted, I got up to 7.2* of KR one time on a downshift from 40, but I was stock and had a shot motor mount. That KR is still kinda high even for false knock, but I may be wrong.

As far as that noise, I would check the belts, It could be slipping at the high RPMs causing the loss of power.

EDIT:

Just saw Ed beat me to the post lol.

2000 SSEi 4th Pontiac!! 231,xxx Current mods: Gutted AirBox w/ K&N drop in. Cleared Corners. Future mods: 3.5 pulley, 180* tstat, hi flow cat, solid motor mounts, Red-Tinted Turn Signal Tails, Projector Headlights, Turn Signal Mirrors.

Last edited by 2000GreySSEi on Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:30 am 
GXP Member
GXP Member

I'm looking fora belt. Iguess the stocker is just two big now. Hope that will stopit.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:24 am 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Year and Trim: 2000 ssei gone but not forgotten
Iirc the smallest you should go with a stock belt is a 3.6. Definitely get a smaller belt on there

Current fleet:
2009 G8 v6, 2009 Avalanche LTZ, 2013 Volt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:27 am 
Retired Site Developer
Retired Site Developer

Yes, a 3.6 uses the stock belt and tensioner pullies. Smaller will need a smaller belt or a larger tensioner pulley.

Sirius wrote:
Think about it. You’re tooling down the road in your Prius, knowing full-well that this thing being green is as big a sham as federally mandated ethanol-enriched gas, Russia pulling out of Ukraine, and Obamacare.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:30 am 
GXP Member
GXP Member

who's got the best deals around for that now. Gb6715 rt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:00 pm 
Retired Site Developer
Retired Site Developer

Not very many places sell the gatorback, so you're limited there. If you find the application for it, you can cross-reference it to all brands/lines.

Sirius wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:36 pm 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Year and Trim: 05 Chevy 'Hoe
1997 'maro (3.8L M5)
89 SkiDoo
Intense has the variable sizes, yes no?

00Beast wrote:
Less off-topic than Lane's Heated Steering wheel, but yeah, back to the topic.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:46 pm 
Retired Site Developer
Retired Site Developer

Yes.

Sirius wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:22 am 
GXP Member
GXP Member

So I picked up a belt from napa yesterday, while switching the beltI did lookat the pulleys and did notice the front tensioner pulley had abouta 16th of play in it . Does this mean it bad? Will this need replaceimg rt away? Something tells me I could be getting knock retard from this. Also how are we mounting our pcm with a fwi? Any pictures. I don't think the pcm trays fit under there.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:48 pm 
GXP Member
GXP Member

So I picked up a belt from napa yesterday, while switching the beltI did lookat the pulleys and did notice the front tensioner pulley had abouta 16th of play in it . Does this mean it bad? Will this need replaceimg rt away? Something tells me I could be getting knock retard from this. Also how are we mounting our pcm with a fwi? Any pictures. I don't think the pcm trays fit under there.

EDIT+ after taking off the belts im noticing that the other sound im hearing down there is the ac condenser. Can i just get a smaller belt and go around this or do i have to have a bypass pulley? Any help would be great i have to work tomarrow and if i can fix this today while its apart that would be a blessing.. thanks in advance

Last edited by JEzze on Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:02 pm 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Year and Trim: 05 Chevy 'Hoe
1997 'maro (3.8L M5)
89 SkiDoo
PCM tray that Intense sells is what I got. It's from a s10/blazer, iirc.

00Beast wrote:
Less off-topic than Lane's Heated Steering wheel, but yeah, back to the topic.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:53 pm 
Retired Site Developer
Retired Site Developer

You'd need a delete pulley for the A/C condensor, if you wanted to remove it.

I have my PCM on the Intense tray right in the stock location, where the airbox used to be. It's snug against the one radiator hose, but it's not a big deal.

Sirius wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:11 am 
GXP Member
GXP Member

Well the noise has not returned but im getting some degree of knock . What are the first few things i should check. Keep in mind i have not done a case relearn yet an heard that that would fix a few *.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:57 am 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

Year and Trim: 1998 Bonneville SE?
JEzze wrote:
Well the noise has not returned but im getting some degree of knock . What are the first few things i should check. Keep in mind i have not done a case relearn yet an heard that that would fix a few *.

I think the lack of CASE relearn will just give you misfires if it becomes a problem.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:51 pm 
Retired Site Developer
Retired Site Developer

Lets take that to a different thread JEzze, your knock has nothing to do with your S/C belt slipping. I'm guessing it's legit knock, due to your setup. Start a new thread with all pertinent mods and how much knock you're seeing and when.

Sirius wrote: