It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 5:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: No Crank, No Start
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:31 pm 
LE Member

Year and Trim: 2000 SLE
Ok, im not very familiar with Pontiacs but have learned alot just from reading this forum. I got this car from a friend, it needs some work to say the least. The transmission went out and it was at a shop sitting, the battery went dead then they couldnt get the car to start so my friend gave up on it and gave me the car, I had it towed now its sitting in my driveway. I charged the battery, checked all the terminal connections and still nothing when I turn the key. The dash lights all light up, the gauges work, at first I was getting the theft warning in the DIC so I went through the key relearn procedure and now that is gone but still no crank when I turn the key. I hear the relays clicking in the fuse block located under the rear seat however the relay under the hood does not. I have tried swapping the relays under the hood with no success. Just to see if the car would even run I broke the top off the start relay in the fuse block under the hood and used a screwdriver to trip the relay. The car starts right up and runs fine. Does anyone have any ideas where to start? Im not sure where to trace all the wires to or what to check. As far as I can tell something isnt signaling the start relay under the hood to allow the voltage to the starter. The other thing which im not sure if its related or not is that the people who had this car had an aftermarket radio installed which was a wiring disaster, they wanted the radio and took it out before I got the car so now there is no radio in the car and also the windshield wipers and headlights do not work, but the fog lights do. Ive heard there are many modules that control different things in this car. Any thoughts would be great.