It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Rear suspension
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:49 pm 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

Year and Trim: 2000 SSEi: Black w/ 145,XXX miles
Back in the winter I noticed that there was yellow fluid dripping from underneath my car from the rear somewhere, but didnt know what it was exactly. Thought maybe it was antifreeze cause it was about the color of what was in the trunk of the car.

Didn't really think much of it til yesterday I was talking to a friend about cars and suspension, struts to be specific, and how on his car there was a small pocket of hydraulic fluid to pressurize the cylinder and how it burst and he had to replace it. Thinking back, the fluid I saw on the ground was right underneath where the suspension was over (though I don't know if these cars have rear shocks or struts) and it was about the color of hydraulic fluid also.

I remember reading a thread on here saying that shocks and struts are a maintenance issue that needs to be taken car of. So it seems its time to put money into the suspension as well, now what would be the best place to purchase the components?

1995 Jeep Cherokee Country- 200,XXX miles and running strong. 4.0L paired with a 5 speed manual. 4.5" long arm lift with 32" tires and regeared to make up for power. Best of all, shes a fire engine red!

2000 Bonneville SSEi- 145,XXX miles, bonestock for the time (don't hold your breath, it might be a long while)

Typos courtesy of LG Optimus G- yes, I do most of my trolling with my phone. Don't judge me.

Post subject: Re: Rear suspension
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:10 pm 
Retired Site Developer
Retired Site Developer

Year and Trim: '17 Silverado 1500
Sounds like your shocks are leaking.

www.rockauto.com has the best prices, especially once you figure in the 5% Pontiac Bonneville Club Discount (stickied to the top of the General Chat section). You want the Max-Air shocks, should be around $65 for the pair. You might also want to look at your stabilizer links all around and see if they need replacement.

Sirius wrote:
Think about it. You’re tooling down the road in your Prius, knowing full-well that this thing being green is as big a sham as federally mandated ethanol-enriched gas, Russia pulling out of Ukraine, and Obamacare.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:55 pm 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

Year and Trim: 2000 SSEi: Black w/ 145,XXX miles
Ty and I'll make sure to do that. This car is being a real pain right now, its soaking up a lot of money just getting it up to par. Once I'm done though it'll be a real nice car.

1995 Jeep Cherokee Country- 200,XXX miles and running strong. 4.0L paired with a 5 speed manual. 4.5" long arm lift with 32" tires and regeared to make up for power. Best of all, shes a fire engine red!

2000 Bonneville SSEi- 145,XXX miles, bonestock for the time (don't hold your breath, it might be a long while)

Typos courtesy of LG Optimus G- yes, I do most of my trolling with my phone. Don't judge me.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:33 am 
LE Member

Year and Trim: 2002 SE
I measured 28” at all four wheel wells… Before. 160,000 miles 2002 year. SE
After Monroe 171685 Quick-Strut Complete Strut Assembly in front; With a 2’ carpenter level for alignment… I was nearly 29.5” in the front and 28 in the rear...
After the New rear Monroe MA822 Max-Air - Air Shock Absorber and some circular driving in both directions…and other anti lock brake testing… Ha!!! I was 28.5 in rear and 29.25 in front…
What are other people finding for measurements at wheel wells????

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]