It is currently Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:51 pm 
LE Member

Year and Trim: 2002 SSEI
Hi,

I have a 2002 Bonneville SSEI with 104,000 miles on it.

Today my check engine light started flashing and I took it straight to Auto Zone to have the code checked.

The first code (P0302) said the was a cylinder misfire detected in cylinder number 2.

The second code (P0202) following that said there is a fuel injector circuit condition with injector number 2.

I don't think it has to do with high fuel pressure-pressure regulator or TPS and circuit failure.

I think it is either a open or shorted fuel injector(s) or open or short in electrical circuit.

It is weird how as soon as I left the automatic car wash today that this problem started.

Any ideas or things to look for that can help me with this problem?

The car idles really hard and when going from about 0-10 MPH it stutters a bit, but after that the car runs smooth. When I push the gas the check engine light flashes (misfire) and as soon as I let go of the gas the check engine light is steady.

I am hoping this will not be a major repair or cost a lot of money. Is there any chance that bad spark plugs can cause all of this?

Thank you for your help!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:43 pm 
Resident Gearhead
Resident Gearhead

Year and Trim: 2014 Cadillac XTS Vsport.
The check engine light flashing indicates a potentially catalyst damaging condition, which generally is a misfire. With the injector code, it is not likely that it is just a bad plug.

If you have a 194 or similar bulb, straighten the pins and push them in to where the wiring is on the #2 injector. Start the car and see if the bulb flashes. If it does, then the injector is probably getting the signal that it needs. If not, then you may have a wiring problem. You could also swap injectors with another one on the engine, then see if the code stays with #2, or moves to where you swapped it.

*Gone, but not forgotten* - Black 2000 SSEi, HIR Headlights, Angel Eyes fogs, 3rd brake light overlay, hi-flo cat, 180 degree thermostat, HS 1.9 rockers, LSx yellow springs, Intense FWI, PCM, shift kit, push rods, and 3.4 Pulley. ZZP Power Log.