It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 3:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:21 pm 
SLE Member
SLE Member

Year and Trim: 05 Bonneville SE
I have an 05 Bonneville SE. The other day we got a lot of snow, and being a southern boy (or just a senior moment, take your pick) and not used to the snow, I had the genius idea to roll the window down to clear it off. Well, as you can guess, all 6 inches of snow fell INTO the car.

After that, all of my power windows stopped working, along with the power mirrors. None of the windows will roll down, even using the switches on the separate doors. After reading here, I thought that it might be the DDM, but then I took the switch apart and there are apparent water damage spots on the PCB. I called the dealership, and a new switch panel is $130, and is on indefinite back order, and you have to pay for it up front.

So I come to you guys for guidance. Here is what I know:

None of the windows work, from the drivers main switches or from the individual switches on each door
The power mirrors don't work (switch is on the driver's door)
Door ajar warning still works (possibly not the DDM?)
The switch panel itself still lights up with the dash lights

By the way, the driver's power seat still works. I'm not sure if that's relevant, but I read on here that there's a main wiring harness or something under the seat that could corrode/short and cause the windows to quit, and I figure that the power seat connections might be under there too.

Anyway, thank you for any advise you can provide.

Last edited by kristie_jeff on Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:29 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Year and Trim: 2004 GXP - plus a handful of other Bonnevilles
It does indeed sound like a switch. I have one for way cheaper than the dealer, but it would have the earlier gray buttons, not black.

1997 Corvette | 55k | Silver Metallic | Z06 wheels | Date-night Hauler/Parts runner
2014 Town & Country Limited | Cashmere Pearl | 95k | Family Hauler
2002 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Sport | Black| 260k | Official Bonneville Hauler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:30 pm 
Retired Site Developer
Retired Site Developer

Year and Trim: '17 Silverado 1500
Morad Parts Company might have them. Look on e-bay, or google search Morad Parts.

Sirius wrote:
Think about it. You’re tooling down the road in your Prius, knowing full-well that this thing being green is as big a sham as federally mandated ethanol-enriched gas, Russia pulling out of Ukraine, and Obamacare.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:52 pm 
SLE Member
SLE Member

Hey, thanks guys.

Haro:

Would the one you have be the exact same as the one I have now, as far as the number of buttons and switches? Also, if one were inclined to, could I take the black switches out of mine and put them in yours. And of course, how much would you want for it?
Please forgive me for being "picky" about the way it looks, and tank you very much for your offer.

Mr Beast:
I went to ebay and searched Morad Parts list of bonneville stuff. I found this one, which looks identical to mine, except mine is a tan bezel with black buttons/switches. The guy at the dealership parts place told my wife that the replacement had to be from an 05, the other's wouldn't work. That doesn't sound quite right to me, but you guys know a lot more about it than I.

Of course, if Mr. Haro's will work for me, I'll get it from him, you know, keep it in the family... ;)

Last edited by kristie_jeff on Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:56 pm 
Retired Site Developer
Retired Site Developer

Year and Trim: '17 Silverado 1500
Any 00+ panel will work, including Haro's, but the buttons won't be the right color. I'm not sure how it comes apart, never tried it.

Sirius wrote:
Think about it. You’re tooling down the road in your Prius, knowing full-well that this thing being green is as big a sham as federally mandated ethanol-enriched gas, Russia pulling out of Ukraine, and Obamacare.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:06 am 
SLE Member
SLE Member

Sweet! Taking it apart is not that hard, I took mine apart, down to the pcb, just to confirm my suspicion of water damage. Thanks again for your assistance.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:10 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I'll sell you a switch for $25 shipped. Just take the board out of mine and swap it in yours, easy as pie.

PM me

1997 Corvette | 55k | Silver Metallic | Z06 wheels | Date-night Hauler/Parts runner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:44 pm 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

Year and Trim: 2001 SSEi
I had the exact same problem. Found one from an '03 in the junkyard. I took it apart and used just the pCB out of it in my '01. Works great.
Have fun with all of those little plastic pieces when you take it apart!! It reminded me of the "brain teaser" puzzles that I used to get in my Christmas stocking every year. Actually, I still do! They all fit in there, but you might need a quiet place to work and I might suggest an adult beverage to help you figure them all out.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:55 pm 
SLE Member
SLE Member

Haha, yeah I noticed all those. Thankfully, I didn't drop it or anything the other night. I'll try to be very careful when I do it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:42 pm 
SLE Member
SLE Member

Well the switch arrived in the mail yesterday, but I didn't get off work until late. So first thing this morning I swapped the pcb into my unit and everything is good to go now. Thanks again for selling me the switch, and for all you guys' help.

Jeff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:08 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Good to hear!