It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:57 pm 
LE Member

Year and Trim: 1994 SSEi Supercharged
Hi,

I need some help on the relays, my manual says the cover will list the relay position but it does not. These are the relays under the hood. My blower fan is intermittent so I was going to check the relay. Now I am also overheating so I am going to check the thermostat and also the cooling fan relays. Does anybody know which two relays are for the cooling fans?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:05 pm 
SLE Member
SLE Member

Year and Trim: 1994 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi
dave209april wrote:
Hi,

I need some help on the relays, my manual says the cover will list the relay position but it does not. These are the relays under the hood. My blower fan is intermittent so I was going to check the relay. Now I am also overheating so I am going to check the thermostat and also the cooling fan relays. Does anybody know which two relays are for the cooling fans?

Hey! I don't have an answer to your question, (or at least I don't think I do). I've got a '94 SSEi with the same issue regarding the cooling fans not working whatsoever. From what I've read, I think that the high & low speed relays for the cooling fans are the two on the left (I don't know for sure so, don't quote me on that one just yet). I haven't managed to even get my relays out of their sockets yet (a real PITA, if you know some kind of trick to get them out, let me know). If you read my post asking about why my fans weren't working (probably not, but whatever), I was told that all of the relays are of the same value so you can switch them around to see what does/doesn't work. If you do figure it out, keep me posted. I'm getting my license within the next couple of weeks and I want to be able to drive mine to school :thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:44 am 
Posts like an L67
Posts like an L67

Year and Trim: 2003 Lesabre Limited, 2008 Cobalt, 2014 Malibu

https://www.justanswer.com/buick/6nwo1- ... mited.html

This is a link to a question where you click the More button and get several troubleshooting
diagrams, although they are under a blue haze trying to make you use their paid service.

These diagrams of the circuits are available on the internet by searching the right words
just like searching for relay center lesabre got me this picture and link.

I would guess your problem is the blower control module if your model has the automatic speed

control rather than a resistor-based speed change system for the blower motor.

The motors also have problems with the commutators.