It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 10:00 pm 
LE Member

Year and Trim: 1989 Bonneville SSE
I have an 89 SSE that I've owned for almost 10 years, and I love it (hard to admit for a Mopar guy!)
It was my Uncle's car. I first drove it while visiting him in GA back in the early 90's, and it was love at first drive. I bought it from him with 90k miles, it's now at 144k.
It actually hasn't had many problems, a few electrical glitches and an alternator but last fall it started running rough. I don't drive it over the winter, so it's sat since then. I did get it started last week and moved it up to the garage, but it's still running rough. Thanks to theis GREAT site I was able to pull the codes and got two- 26 and 41. I've read several topics about the Code 41 issue, but I haven't found much on the Quad Sensor Circuit (Code 26). Could they be related? I haven't gotten ahold of an 89 FSM yet, but the info here has been a huge help so far. I'll probably have a buddy with a garage change the cam sensor and do a timing chain at the same time, any other things to look out for?
I need to get a few other odds and ends for her before I can get it back on the road, but it's small stuff. I need to find a seat belt for the driver's seat (the latch section, not the actual belt), fix the power windows and do a few cosmetics before I hit the road again.
Any help greatly appreciated!
Al Reibel